Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest Standby

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2024, 9:16 pm

A related Standby question.. If I have a checked bag and I join the standby list via my phone prior to arriving at the airport, will the bag be automatically tagged for the earlier standby flight? Or do I need to see a baggage agent and ask them to manually tag it for the earlier flight?
Old Feb 29, 2024, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by chartzilla
A related Standby question.. If I have a checked bag and I join the standby list via my phone prior to arriving at the airport, will the bag be automatically tagged for the earlier standby flight? Or do I need to see a baggage agent and ask them to manually tag it for the earlier flight?
See the baggage agent to get the bag tagged for the earlier standby flight
chartzilla likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by joshua362
Concur is a horror show if that's what you are forced to use. Could never do anything once I made a reservation there other than cancel the entire PNR and use the funds in my personal account.
I use Concur, and never had a issue, since I don't use it for switching flights. Last week, I got to the airport earlier than expected for my flight home, the flight before mine was slightly delayed, so I went to the gate, and they processed me in about 30 seconds for the delayed flight, got home about 50 minutes early, I did have a middle seat, but the flight was only 47 minutes long.
joshua362 and steved5480 like this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 7:32 pm

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
Hi, if I have a Wanna Get Away + fare, can I standby/same-day confirm a LATER flight?
Old Mar 9, 2024, 7:43 pm

Programs: SWA Alist, Companion Pass
Originally Posted by DFWFairy
Hi, if I have a Wanna Get Away + fare, can I standby/same-day confirm a LATER flight?
You can same day change to a later flight if a seat is available.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 9:22 am

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.