Wiki Posts
Search

Time to get 2024/2025 Companion Pass

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2023, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Time to get 2024/2025 Companion Pass

Okay, it is that time again. Every other year we have been getting two cards to earn companion pass in January or February for 22+ months.

Anyone else doing this and have you found decent deals?

Current offers that I can find show 50,000 miles after $1,000 in purchases, for personal.

and 80,000 miles after $5,000 spend for Biz card.

Anything better out there?
Old Sep 20, 2023, 2:02 pm

Programs: WN
curious on how recently you cancelled the last cards?
Old Sep 20, 2023, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by jerryfreak
curious on how recently you cancelled the last cards?
I cancelled my cards sometime in the spring, as I usually do. I have not gotten the bonus in well over 2 years since my wife was the one that got them in Dec 2021/Jan 2022.
Old Sep 24, 2023, 12:26 am

so a business card + personal card would add up to 130k points...just 5k shy of getting a companion pass. hmm, I might go for it.
Old Sep 24, 2023, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by daniellwu
so a business card + personal card would add up to 130k points...just 5k shy of getting a companion pass. hmm, I might go for it.
As a card carrying member, you only have to reach 125,000 - they automatically give you 10k. Also, the biz card requires $5k in spend, so add that in as well.

By the way, I got a mailer yesterday for the 80k business card under my "business" name yesterday - those "pre-approved" mailers. I will apply for that soon.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 5:27 am

Programs: SWA
What’s the rule for when we can apply? I believe I applied late Sept/early 2021, with points hitting (very regrettably) at the end of 2021. Does the 24 month window start when the card was issued, or when the points hit?
Old Sep 25, 2023, 5:52 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by hansolo2019
What’s the rule for when we can apply? I believe I applied late Sept/early 2021, with points hitting (very regrettably) at the end of 2021. Does the 24 month window start when the card was issued, or when the points hit?
The latter, making the cycle time about 26 months.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 9:17 am

I havent seen anything different. This is my strategy as well. This would be the 1st year doing this. What do you do with your RR before you cancel or do you not lose them?
Old Sep 26, 2023, 9:45 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by aguilarcoupons
I havent seen anything different. This is my strategy as well. This would be the 1st year doing this. What do you do with your RR before you cancel or do you not lose them?
You don't lose them. Once the points are in your Southwest RR account, they are Southwest points and it doesn't matter what you do with your Chase card.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
I just got my CHase business card approved and plan to have the $5K spend hit on my first statement of 2024. So that should be 85K points putting me 45K points short of companion pass

I am getting offers for 75K points for a personal card but a $3K spend requirement. This would definitely put me over the 130K points needed for companion pass, but I'd rather not have to spend another $3K. I remember seeing cards with lower bonus and spend requirements but they seem to be not available now. Any suggestions?

Last edited by BangkokTraveler; Oct 31, 2023 at 2:45 pm
Old Oct 31, 2023, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by BangkokTraveler
I just got my CHase business card approved and plan to have the $5K spend hit on my first statement of 2024. So that should be 85K points putting me 45K points short of companion pass

I am getting offers for 75K points for a personal card but a $3K spend requirement. This would definitely put me over the 130K points needed for companion pass, but I'd rather not have to spend another $3K. I remember seeing cards with lower bonus and spend requirements but they seem to be not available now. Any suggestions?

That 75K personal plus with the $69 AF is a great deal for a $3k spend............remember the goal is to not only get CP but pay for the main fare with POINTS so it only cost costs you $5.60 per person per one way ticket.

From what I see all of the SW personal cards are currently $3k spend for $75K points

https://creditcards.chase.com/compar...ist=45%2C5%2C6

Last edited by flyer4512; Oct 31, 2023 at 5:44 pm
Old Nov 1, 2023, 6:01 am

Anyone know if you cancel a Chase SW card, how quickly can you re-apply and get the bonus? I've had this one for a couple years now.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by BangkokTraveler
On a recent flight, I recall seeing a in-flight offer for the personal card with 50k and a 25% fare code with $1k spend. Do you have an upcoming flight?
Old Nov 2, 2023, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

some great advice and datapoints here > https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/co...eb2x&context=3
Old Nov 2, 2023, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
As a card carrying member, you only have to reach 125,000 - they automatically give you 10k. Also, the biz card requires $5k in spend, so add that in as well.

By the way, I got a mailer yesterday for the 80k business card under my "business" name yesterday - those "pre-approved" mailers. I will apply for that soon.
Remind me where the 10K comes from?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.