Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Time to get 2024/2025 Companion Pass

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2024, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by abk
If it is really 8 weeks then my November 16 and December 16 statements wouldn't include the 3x bonus points
If you earned 3x points during a promotion period, you'll get 3x points eventually, regardless of if taking the stated 8 weeks to post
Old Feb 29, 2024, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by abk
If it is really 8 weeks then my November 16 and December 16 statements wouldn't include the 3x bonus points
I am very confused with your post. If the bonus from Nov and Dec have not posted yet and then they post sometime soon, then you get credit this year for CP.

What am I missing?
Old Feb 29, 2024, 10:58 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
I am very confused with your post. If the bonus from Nov and Dec have not posted yet and then they post sometime soon, then you get credit this year for CP.

What am I missing?
I am talking about November and December of 24. let's say my November 24 statement closes 11/16/24 and the 3 times bonus points don't post till 2025 ( and the same with the 12/16/24 statement points) then the way I see it those points won't count towards earning a pass in 2024 although by the terms of the promotion they should count.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by abk
....The last one is 3 times on gas, grocery and dining for the rest of this year. Chase said these should post within 8 weeks of each statement closing.
Since all these bonuses count towards companion pass I am concerned that my last two months on the 3 times promotion won't post in this calendar year thus making it harder to qualify. ....
Originally Posted by abk
I am talking about November and December of 24. let's say my November 24 statement closes 11/16/24 and the 3 times bonus points don't post till 2025 ( and the same with the 12/16/24 statement points) then the way I see it those points won't count towards earning a pass in 2024 although by the terms of the promotion they should count.
NOW I GET IT!!

You are talking about getting points to post later this year to earn the pass before the end of 2024.

First off, the 8 week rule is their to cover their butt. We do not yet know for SURE how long it will take to post. Once you see postings for Jan or Feb or March, you will have a better idea of how long it takes to post. And if you reach the CP goal way before this coming fall/winter - then it will not matter anyways. Do you think you will be that close come December?

I assume you know that when you get to the 135,000 you will earn the CP for the rest of 2024 and all of 2025.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 11:51 am

Programs: WN CP & B-list. Disillusioned fmr UA-1P/2P,F9-Ascent; Fmr AA-Plat,CO-Gold,NW-Silver,TWA-Elite
Originally Posted by pkerr
Once you reach the points threshold your CP should kick in right away. Even if your CP starts the day before your flight you could still use it.
Hope that helps.
One year I got the CP the day before my flight. Called at 5 AM and got a CP ticket, then got the original ticket returned on points. Flight was at about 11 AM that same morning.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 11:57 am

Programs: WN CP & B-list. Disillusioned fmr UA-1P/2P,F9-Ascent; Fmr AA-Plat,CO-Gold,NW-Silver,TWA-Elite
I got a biz card on 01/30/2024 and have a specific item for $5k to buy in March, well inside the 90 days to get the 80k bonus points. So total CPQP earned will be 10K+80K+5K = 95K.

I would like to get a 50k personal card but none are available right now. Everything is 30k plus CP to 02/28/2025. 4k spend is required. If I got such a card, I would get 30K+4K which would put me at 95K + 34K = 129K CPQP. Would need 6K more spend.

All of the 30K+CP cards seem to end on 03/11/2024. I would prefer the 50K personal card because 95K + 50K + 1K Spend = 146K CPQP and 146K RR points. Better deal.

Do you think they will be offering a 50K card again after 03/11/2024?

TIA.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 3:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Any data points on the current credit card CP offer posting time? My statement closed on 3/1 and I see the CP offer showing in my account activity on 3/2 but my account does not reflect having a CP yet. I typically see a CP show up the same day the points post for the standard way but I have not used a CP credit card promo yet and would appreicate hearing how long it took for others. Thanks
Bearbear likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 4:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Answering my own question. The CP just posted this afternoon. It took about 3 business days from posting the CP credit card offer to my account and the CP actually reflecting.
NoStressHere and Bearbear like this.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by FCfree
I got a biz card on 01/30/2024 and have a specific item for $5k to buy in March, well inside the 90 days to get the 80k bonus points. So total CPQP earned will be 10K+80K+5K = 95K.

I would like to get a 50k personal card but none are available right now. Everything is 30k plus CP to 02/28/2025. 4k spend is required. If I got such a card, I would get 30K+4K which would put me at 95K + 34K = 129K CPQP. Would need 6K more spend.

All of the 30K+CP cards seem to end on 03/11/2024. I would prefer the 50K personal card because 95K + 50K + 1K Spend = 146K CPQP and 146K RR points. Better deal.

Do you think they will be offering a 50K card again after 03/11/2024?

TIA.
Another option would be to get the other SW business Card. There are two versions, and on the business cards, you can earn the bonus on each of them. Right now its 60k points for 3k spend.

I also think there is a good chance of the personal cards going back to 50k-60k points after the current companion pass promo ends, but no one knows for certain.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 8:30 pm

Programs: WN
take a flight. there are 50k personal offers on there
Old Mar 8, 2024, 10:35 am

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, WN CP AList
Originally Posted by jerryfreak
take a flight. there are 50k personal offers on there
I happened to save the link on a recent flight. I ultimately decided to use the 30K offer and get the rest of the points organically by year-end so I don't know if/how it will actually work.

https://secure.chase.com/web/oao/application/card?sourceCode=H6R6&action=guest#/origination/cardDetails/index/initiateConFullApp;cellCode=6T8K;cfgCode=FULLAPPCO NCC;channel=C30;sourceCode=H6R6;AOC=1868;RPC=0530; combo=N;UBID=1;params=,,,no,no,,,0cd8facd-ec8c-4158-bb2b-899f1af042a
Old Mar 11, 2024, 6:00 pm

SUB eligibility

I did the Chase SW credit card deal about 2 years ago where I earned the SUB and companion pass. I cancelled it a couple of weeks ago so that I could qualify again. But when I called the agent she said I wouldn't qualify for the SUB with companion pass until April 24 mo from when I last had the SUB deposited. I'm fine with not earning it until Apri/May again. But if I reapplied for the card today (last day for companion pass deal), would I earn the SUB in April/May after qualifying purchases or would I NOT get the SUB? The agent was saying that my application had to be 24 months from when I last had the SUB deposited. Can anyone confirm?

Last edited by mbbarron; Mar 11, 2024 at 6:13 pm
Old Mar 11, 2024, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, WN CP AList
Originally Posted by mbbarron
I did the Chase SW credit card deal about 2 years ago where I earned the SUB and companion pass. I cancelled it a couple of weeks ago so that I could qualify again. But when I called the agent she said I wouldn't qualify for the SUB with companion pass until April 24 mo from when I last had the SUB deposited. I'm fine with not earning it until Apri/May again. But if I reapplied for the card today (last day for companion pass deal), would I earn the SUB in April/May after qualifying purchases or would I NOT get the SUB? The agent was saying that my application had to be 24 months from when I last had the SUB deposited. Can anyone confirm?
I have heard several data points of the application being rejected if it was within 24 months of the last SUB.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 12:20 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by mbbarron
Something siilar happened to me. No approval until 24 months AFTER I received the SUB.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bearbear
I have heard several data points of the application being rejected if it was within 24 months of the last SUB.
99.99999% positive that it has to be 24 months from when you last earned it.

the way around that is to alternate between spouses making it around 45 months or so between earning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.