Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Early bird with priority upgrade boarding

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2024, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Early bird with priority upgrade boarding

So I have a priority southwest credit card which gets priority boarding. I also have a business southwest credit card which gives me early bird boarding.

I know that priority upgrade can only be purchased 24 hours before the flight and its based on availability. So if I want to make sure I get a decent seat, I get early bird on my ticket, and then there happens to be a spot for priority upgrade, if I take the priority upgrade, will I get refunded for my early bird or will I basically pay double (both for early bird and for priority)?

I could just wait for priority upgrade but then if theres none available, I would not have early bird either.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Tony Truong
So I have a priority southwest credit card which gets priority boarding. I also have a business southwest credit card which gives me early bird boarding.

I know that priority upgrade can only be purchased 24 hours before the flight and its based on availability. So if I want to make sure I get a decent seat, I get early bird on my ticket, and then there happens to be a spot for priority upgrade, if I take the priority upgrade, will I get refunded for my early bird or will I basically pay double (both for early bird and for priority)?

I could just wait for priority upgrade but then if theres none available, I would not have early bird either.
You chose to pay double, no refund of EBCI
Old Mar 13, 2024, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
I have not heard it called priority upgrade, but guessing you are talking about the a1-a15 boarding.

There is no refund of the other fee.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 7:57 am

Programs: SW Comp Pass, Lft Gold AA, Lft DIA HHONORS, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
I have not heard it called priority upgrade, but guessing you are talking about the a1-a15 boarding.

There is no refund of the other fee.
The announce elements at the gate for the sale call it priority boarding since you don’t get the BS fare class upgrade with it.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 6:01 am

Programs: Southwest Airlines, Marriot
If you want true priority, use a wheelchair

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.