Search

Fighting for status match

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2023, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, WN A-List
Originally Posted by avogadro
Did you get this resolved?

I'm in a similar boat. Got the status match email on Feb 7. Rebooked two flights. Booked one more.

I just sent an email to the status match email address. Did you try that? [email protected]
read your posts very insightful thanks. Haven't heard back from statusmatch email so sent another online comment form this weekend. Will also be upset if they don't count the round trip!!! like I said I would've missed flights if I booked it as OW OW!

I live in SD now for college so I was planning to fly southwest nearly full time now to get home and such. It will hurt without this status considering I've gotten some great value out of SDC.

Good luck to you and I will also update as soon as I hear back.
Old May 10, 2023, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Update as of May 10th. After my online comment form on May 6

11:56am: received a call from Paige at WN. She apologized and told me that I really have to email the status match email. After stating that I did, she told me she would contact manager and call me back.
12:07pm: received another call. She told me she talked to her manager, they wanted me to send them all the emails with StatuMatch through the online contact form. Something about needing to verify my other airline elite status.
12:12pm I submitted the information online
12:45pm received the following email.

Dear James,

Thank you so much for contacting Southwest. We apologize that we have not met our intended timeframe to respond to your email, but please know that we appreciate the opportunity to follow-up with you.

I certainly want to apologize for the overall inconvenience and added frustration that we may have caused you. As of May 10, we have made a one-time gesture of goodwill and have extended your A-List Tier status through December 31, 2023. Please allow up to 48 hours for your Rapid Rewards account to properly reflect. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out us at 1-(800)-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792).

Your business means the world to us, and we would never intentionally jeopardize your continued patronage. It's our hope that you will continue flying Southwest Airlines as it would be our privilege to welcome you onboard for many years to come.

Sincerely,
Paige Moore
Southwest Airlines

So in the end I guess the 2 RT 2 OW wasn't a problem for me. Or they overlooked it. Only till 12/23 which is fine but not what the terms were (12 months or basically till end of April 2024)

Although it took a long time with the online contact, pretty pleased with how HQ and Paige were able to handle this.

as of 12:52pm my A list through 12/31/23 is showing on my account.
steved5480 likes this.

Last edited by BusinessElite25; May 10, 2023 at 1:52 pm Reason: update
Old May 11, 2023, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
I am glad they have done a "one time" adjustment for you - even though it is less than what was agreed to.

Based on the post above, they still have not answered the one way vs RT issue.
Old May 11, 2023, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Based on the post above, they still have not answered the one way vs RT issue.
From the email that they sent me which I shared above, it seems as if that's their policy and they're sticking to it.

They didn't even reply to my follow up email asking them to be flexible

I ended up taking two quick back to back flights last weekend to fit them in before the 90 day status match period ended and to get the promotional double miles to qualify for a-list next year.

The funny thing is that my account still says A-List through 5/31/23 even though I jumped through their stupid hurdle. I'm hoping that's going to get resolved soon or I'll have to contact them again.
Old May 11, 2023, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by BusinessElite25
Although it took a long time with the online contact, pretty pleased with how HQ and Paige were able to handle this.
Excellent news they came through!

Delta also has a Paige Moore responding to customer questions. What are the odds?
Old May 11, 2023, 12:39 pm

From the email that they sent me which I shared above, it seems as if that's their policy and they're sticking to it.

They didn't even reply to my follow up email asking them to be flexible

I ended up taking two quick back to back flights last weekend to fit them in before the 90 day status match period ended and to get the promotional double miles to qualify for a-list next year.

The funny thing is that my account still says A-List through 5/31/23 even though I jumped through their stupid hurdle. I'm hoping that's going to get resolved soon or I'll have to contact them again.
I actually hit A-List via points this past week, and it reflected on my account immediately so I was stoked thinking I would get auto check-in on my flight two days later. Instead, I got an email at noon the following day congratulating me on A-List, and the upcoming flight completely disappeared from my account. My companion's booking remained intact, thankfully, and served as proof of sanity that my RR number had indeed been on the booking before, or I couldn't have added my companion. I got truly lousy boarding position, but they were able to add my RR# to the booking so I got to board at A-61, at least. My companion actually upgraded both legs to BS boarding, though the first flight was very delayed and we were the last people onboard the second leg.

Anyway, all that to say that there are definitely some bugs in the A-List awarding system - I won't be surprised if you have to chase it. I'm really, really disappointed that WN is sticking to the policy change you guys got bitten by.
Old May 11, 2023, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

what day did you fly? according to my calculations(counting the calendar app on my phone), 90 days would've been May6/7 from when you started depending on if they count the first day or not
Old May 12, 2023, 8:27 am

I flew two one ways on May 6th.

Google says that 90 days from 2/7/23 is 5/8/23 so I should be good.

It's super annoying that I wasn't automatically upgraded to a-list. But I'm starting to gather that Southwest is generally disappointing when it comes to technology implementation.
Old May 12, 2023, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

I flew two one ways on May 6th.

Google says that 90 days from 2/7/23 is 5/8/23 so I should be good.

It's super annoying that I wasn't automatically upgraded to a-list. But I'm starting to gather that Southwest is generally disappointing when it comes to technology implementation.
you are definitely qualified then, yay!! start calling and emailing like crazy because in total it took 4 weeks from when i first contacted to getting this resolved
Old May 16, 2023, 12:56 pm

Update from me.

I contacted them yet another time and they finally acknowledged that I met the requirements and granted me a-list... through the end of the year! Maddening.

I'll probably requalify for a-list this year so I don't really need the actual 12 months but I'm pissed enough at this point to open yet another case to get my full twelve months.

I don't understand why this has to be so hard.

I could write a few lines of code to make this process automatic and save the hours of customer service time that I've now wasted.
Old May 17, 2023, 9:32 am

Update from me.

I contacted them yet another time and they finally acknowledged that I met the requirements and granted me a-list... through the end of the year! Maddening.

I'll probably requalify for a-list this year so I don't really need the actual 12 months but I'm pissed enough at this point to open yet another case to get my full twelve months.

I don't understand why this has to be so hard.

I could write a few lines of code to make this process automatic and save the hours of customer service time that I've now wasted.
It's hard because you didn't read the rules or didn't meet the terms of the promotion. Of course, Southwest could make this even easier by promoting more generous terms but they are honoring the terms of the promotion they published so it should be difficult to get too upset with them. Sometimes we need to look at our own actions and the results they create, too.
Old May 17, 2023, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by jjbiv
It's hard because you didn't read the rules or didn't meet the terms of the promotion.
Thanks for the sanctimony but you're completely wrong.

When they told me it had to be either 6 one ways flights or 3 round trip flights, I booked a last-minute, pointless trip as two one way flights.

So, I completely met the silly requirements of 6 one way flights (with an extra round trip flight) but they still didn't bother to hold up their end of the bargain.

I contacted them multiple times and then they gave me a-list until the end of the year.

I contacted them again and just now got an email saying that my a-list is now valid through 5/17/24.

This is not about "looking at our own actions". This is about Southwest not having their act together and not delivering on their promises.
Old May 17, 2023, 1:08 pm

Thanks for the sanctimony but you're completely wrong.

When they told me it had to be either 6 one ways flights or 3 round trip flights, I booked a last-minute, pointless trip as two one way flights.

So, I completely met the silly requirements of 6 one way flights (with an extra round trip flight) but they still didn't bother to hold up their end of the bargain.

I contacted them multiple times and then they gave me a-list until the end of the year.

I contacted them again and just now got an email saying that my a-list is now valid through 5/17/24.

This is not about "looking at our own actions". This is about Southwest not having their act together and not delivering on their promises.
Sorry, I completely missed your previous update where you mentioned you took the additional flights. So you registered for the promotion, met the terms, and Southwest just randomly extended your status with the incorrect end date? That indeed seems wrong. My apologies.
avogadro likes this.
Old May 17, 2023, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

southwest hates me I went in to my app today the day before my flight tomorrow night and my reservation isn’t there. I searched it and I was getting emails so I knew it was still active but my rapid rewards was out of the reservation!!! So I just added it but it’s already within 36 hours so I guess I’ll be behind the early birds. Anyone know if I still have to check in at T-24?

avogadro, glad it worked out for you!!! I should try it too 😀
Old May 17, 2023, 4:36 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
Originally Posted by BusinessElite25
southwest hates me I went in to my app today the day before my flight tomorrow night and my reservation isn’t there. I searched it and I was getting emails so I knew it was still active but my rapid rewards was out of the reservation!!! So I just added it but it’s already within 36 hours so I guess I’ll be behind the early birds. Anyone know if I still have to check in at T-24?

avogadro, glad it worked out for you!!! I should try it too 😀
doesn’t matter when you check in. You’ll board when they call Alist after the a group. You’ll obviously need to check in so you have the board pass. But no pressure to check in 24 hrs prior.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.