Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Targeted] Free changes due to rescheduling; move up to + or - 14 days, twice!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted] Free changes due to rescheduling; move up to + or - 14 days, twice!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2023, 9:01 pm

Darn. How recent is the two-change restriction?

i *really* want to switch my trip by one day but it’ll cost me $300 without the free change.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 11:21 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
My recent flight changes both say 2 times can change. I know which flight I want to change my outbound to but not sure of return. Can I cahnge the outbound now and return later? ONly the outbound flight was changed originally.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 2:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I figured out today with the 2x flight change now you can acutally change to 28 days before and after your orginal date. When you try to change a flight for the second time it will default to dates 14 days before and after the date you changed to not your original flight date.
m907 likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2023, 8:41 am

Have scheduled changes hit April yet?
Old Dec 29, 2023, 9:57 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by slariz
Have scheduled changes hit April yet?
Southwest has finally achieved scheduling perfection. No further changes are necessary.

Just kidding …
jjbiv, jmw and slariz like this.
Old Dec 29, 2023, 12:10 pm
jmw

I have flight changes until the first week of March. After that the departure times are different and no change emails.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 7:07 am
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I got one minor time change for early April.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 9:02 am
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I got several changes early this morning from early April to late May.
jmw likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 8:50 am

I got a change for mid June this past Thursday. Guessing it coincided with the new schedule release
Old Feb 10, 2024, 8:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
A 7/3 flight of mine has been changed
m907 likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 8:06 am

Late April flight changed today. I remember a couple of years ago that these emails offering a free flight change due to a reschedule, required you to make the change within three days. Today's notification doesn't specify a time limit for me free rebooking. Can I wait weeks to make my free change?
Old Feb 15, 2024, 11:19 am
jmw

Originally Posted by zig26
Late April flight changed today. I remember a couple of years ago that these emails offering a free flight change due to a reschedule, required you to make the change within three days. Today's notification doesn't specify a time limit for me free rebooking. Can I wait weeks to make my free change?
Yes. I often save them for last minute changes prior to departure date. In the past, you could have always called it in but now it can be done all online.
m907 and zig26 like this.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by jmw
Yes. I often save them for last minute changes prior to departure date. In the past, you could have always called it in but now it can be done all online.
I usually wait till last minute to make change unless a busy holiday time. Also if you have a round-trip even if only 1 flight changed you can change both flights. I changed an outgoing flight once and it still allowed me to make another change. Do not know if I changed outbound and return at same time if I would have had a second change still available. Does anyone know the answer to tjat.
zig26 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 1:40 pm

Had a change for early August. Appears SW is nixing the non-stop route from LAX to OGG then....
Old Apr 8, 2024, 5:46 pm
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I received one change for mid June.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.