Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anyone seeing a delay in RR points posting from Chase?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone seeing a delay in RR points posting from Chase?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2020, 9:37 am

Statement closed on 1/3.
Points posted this morning (1/8).

In my earlier two billing cycles, the points posted just 1 and 2 days after statement close, so it looks like the start of the year "processing" delay is adding 3-4 days.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by mollings
Points posted from one of my CC bonuses this morning, so at least I can book flights, although I won't get the CP until the 2nd bonus posts. Both cards had the same closing date so this is a little odd, but hopefully it's just another day to wait.
Points have now posted for my second sign up bonus. So 130K points have posted to my account, now to figure out if I can use the CP right away or if I have to wait for something...
Old Jan 8, 2020, 10:37 am

Statement closed on 1/5. Points, including sign-up bonus, posted this morning (1/8). I checked around 6:30 AM this morning and nothing had posted. Checked again around 11:30 AM and the points were there.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by ceng1
Statement closed on 1/5. Points, including sign-up bonus, posted this morning (1/8). I checked around 6:30 AM this morning and nothing had posted. Checked again around 11:30 AM and the points were there.
Same story here. However, no bonus points from the 25% offer were posted.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 11:30 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold / Marriott Bonvoy(age) Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum, WN A+/CP, Hilton Diamond
This happens every year......wait until mid-late January for any points to be posted.....then by early Feb - call to see what happened.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Sloflyer032
Same story here. However, no bonus points from the 25% offer were posted.
From the T&C for the 25% Bonus Promotion:

"Please allow up to 8 weeks after the end of the promotional period for the 25% bonus points to post to your Southwest Rapid Rewards account."

So look for the points to point March 1st at the earliest.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by fluffyCat
From the T&C for the 25% Bonus Promotion:

"Please allow up to 8 weeks after the end of the promotional period for the 25% bonus points to post to your Southwest Rapid Rewards account."

So look for the points to point March 1st at the earliest.
(removed earlier post since, not realizing the promo does not even end until 2/29) oops
fluffyCat likes this.

Last edited by NoStressHere; Jan 9, 2020 at 10:06 am
Old Jan 9, 2020, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
I will bet you MY bonus points they post before then.

Standard practice these days are things like:

Please allow 6-8 weeks for posting.
Your new card will arrive within 30 days
Please allow 2 billing cycles for a credit to post.
etc
etc
The promotional period is 12/1/2019 to 2/29/2020, so the first day after the promotional period is 3/1/2020.
NoStressHere likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ave1024
Who actually said they are doing end of year processing? Has SW confirmed this?

Are there not year-end processing delays at WN every single year? They do not affect me, so I have never followed them closely, but I sure seem to recall that.

You could go back a year and check posts.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
My points from SUB and regular spend is not posting yet from a statement closed on March 3. My statement on Chase shows the points had transferred to Southwest but no points in my Southwest account.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by hiima
My points from SUB and regular spend is not posting yet from a statement closed on March 3. My statement on Chase shows the points had transferred to Southwest but no points in my Southwest account.
Is this the FIRST month with this new card, or have you gotten points with this NEW card before?
Old Jan 28, 2021, 9:36 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I'm anxiously awaiting my points and SUB to post to my account so I can get my wife added as my companion for a March spring break trip, my statement closed yesterday and everything looks good on my statement, then this morning I see this in my Southwest account:

I'd be less worried if it showed nothing than showing a transaction with 0 points ...
Old Jan 28, 2021, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Beckles
I'm anxiously awaiting my points and SUB to post to my account so I can get my wife added as my companion for a March spring break trip, my statement closed yesterday and everything looks good on my statement, then this morning I see this in my Southwest account:

I'd be less worried if it showed nothing than showing a transaction with 0 points ...
My account does this every month on my Personal card, then a second transaction posts within a day or 2 with the actual points. Does it on my business card sometimes too.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 10:19 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MrsWLV
My account does this every month on my Personal card, then a second transaction posts within a day or 2 with the actual points. Does it on my business card sometimes too.
Thanks, that gives me some comfort ... I also thought it might have to do with how big the transaction was (over 130,000 points at once). Being a spring break trip I am a little worried the flights will fill, one only has Anytime/BS fares available, though it does have at least 8 seats left for now.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 11:52 am

The zero point line items are Southwest's way of noting that you've achieved a $10,000 threshold in purchases, and achieved 1,500 tier qualifying points for each $10, 000. Change the filter to "Tier Qualifying Points" and you'll see that change to the correct amount of TQPs.
MrsWLV likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.