Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Reservation is LAX_DAL but mobile BP says LAX-LIT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2019, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum

I haven't flown WN for a few years but am flying on them tomorrow LAX-DAL. I checked in on the WN app and my mobile boarding pass said LAX-LIT. I did a double take and thought perhaps I had booked the wrong flight. But no, my reservation was correct.

I called WN and they looked at my boarding pass in their system and said it looked correct. They asked me to log in on Southwest.com and try to print a new BP (or go to the kiosk at the airport). I used the website and was able to print a boarding pass that correctly showed LAX-DAL. I still have the incorrect mobile pass on my phone and asked if they wanted a copy of it. They said no, but that they would report the problem.

The flight NUMBER, 2367, was correct on the mobile BP. 2367 first flies to DAL and then on to LIT, so I guess that's where the problem occurred.

When I spoke to the agent, I also asked her to add my husband's RR# to the reservation. Then I loaded the app on to his phone and checked the mobile BP. Same thing happened! His mobile BP shows LAX-LIT instead of LAX-DAL. I have my hard copy BP's now, so I'm no longer concerned but wanted to post in case others are having an issue.

Last edited by TH310; Oct 9, 2019 at 12:40 pm Reason: correct typo
Old Oct 9, 2019, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
They are doing a low level flyby at DAL before they go to LIT. You will have to JUMP out in DAL.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
The weather is really nice here in LIT today if you end up here.
TH310 likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 1:44 pm

Lots of issues with mobile boarding passes since the most recent app update. They are aware of some of them (sporadic users missing PreCheck, no ability to add to wallet, no location-based lock screen display) and are allegedly working on a fix. Hopefully the agent passed your issue on to the appropriate department.
TH310 likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Update will be that WN cancelled OPs RR account for engaging in hidden city ticketing by getting off in DAL. Or that the bags went on to LIT.
TH310 and tusphotog like this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Update will be that WN cancelled OPs RR account for engaging in hidden city ticketing by getting off in DAL. Or that the bags went on to LIT.
LOL. I made sure not to check any bags. So far, so good!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.