Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Chase WN Performance business credit card with 80k bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Chase WN Performance business credit card with 80k bonus

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2020, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyer4512
YOU should play it safe and NOT Apply for the 2nd SW business card
I myself myself wasn't planning to (except maybe in a year or two, and even then only once I cancel the current one). By then we should have way more datapoints on this specific situation (because not everyone will follow your advice, and hopefully that don't follow your advice post what happens).

But yes, what someone can do is not always the same thing as what someone should do.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I myself myself wasn't planning to (except maybe in a year or two, and even then only once I cancel the current one). By then we should have way more datapoints on this specific situation (because not everyone will follow your advice, and hopefully that don't follow your advice post what happens).

But yes, what someone can do is not always the same thing as what someone should do.

I know, lets hope we get some more DP's......................................... I mean it's not like there have been DP's on Reditt for the past 6 months starting days after the Performance card was released
Old Jan 7, 2020, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by bmms8
Anyone else have statements close on 1/1 and points not post yet? Chase statements show points just not on wn site.

ME! On a 1/3 statement. A lot of points too (over 25k points).

I sent Chase a secure message, waiting for answer. I actually created a separate thread on this, should have probably looked here first. Mods feel free to merge threads if needed.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 2:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
My statement also closed on 1/3 and I have nearly 85K points due. Nothing on WN yet. There is however a message on there that they are doing year end processing starting 1/1. Not sure how that takes 7 days. Maybe they need to upload spreadsheets or worse. LOL!
Old Jan 8, 2020, 8:55 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
I have read upthread but can't get a clear answer, any data points appreciated.

Once you meet spend, and statement closes, and then spend and bonus points post on SW, how long does it take for CP to show up?

I have a statement close date on the 16 and a trip booked on the 26. I hope 10 days are enough to be able to change reservation with new CP.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 8:58 am

Programs: WN
its usually a day or two but apparently SW is jammed with 'status updates' at the beginning of the year and people who have chase closing dates on 1/1 still havent seen the points post on SW yet
Old Jan 9, 2020, 3:00 am

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
I just completed my $5k spend and as of yesterday on my Chase app it says "You did it! Please allow up to 8 weeks to receive your 80K bonus rewards". My statement closing date is the 7th, so I assume I will receive my 80K+ points on February 7th. Now I need to apply for another SW card to get the CP. Two years ago I got the Personal Plus card and the Business Premier Card and received those bonuses on January 9 and January 13, 2018, so I am almost at the 24-month mark after receiving the bonuses. I canceled both those cards a little over a month ago.

I would prefer to get another business card (to stay under 5/24 longer and for a higher bonus) but it's more important to me to maximize my chance of getting the CP.

Am I more likely to be approved for a new personal card or can I get the Business Premier card again since it's not the same as the Business Performance card?

Is there any reason to wait longer than 24 months from the last two bonus receipt dates? I'm not in a huge hurry to get the CP but obviously the sooner the better.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 4:36 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Originally Posted by huge
I just completed my $5k spend and as of yesterday on my Chase app it says "You did it! Please allow up to 8 weeks to receive your 80K bonus rewards". My statement closing date is the 7th, so I assume I will receive my 80K+ points on February 7th. Now I need to apply for another SW card to get the CP. Two years ago I got the Personal Plus card and the Business Premier Card and received those bonuses on January 9 and January 13, 2018, so I am almost at the 24-month mark after receiving the bonuses. I canceled both those cards a little over a month ago.

I would prefer to get another business card (to stay under 5/24 longer and for a higher bonus) but it's more important to me to maximize my chance of getting the CP.

Am I more likely to be approved for a new personal card or can I get the Business Premier card again since it's not the same as the Business Performance card?

Is there any reason to wait longer than 24 months from the last two bonus receipt dates? I'm not in a huge hurry to get the CP but obviously the sooner the better.
Actually right now you can receive a higher bonus wiith the personal cards if you use a referral. 75,000 points but this offer is only good until Feb 18th.
huge likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 1:43 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Critterlynn
Actually right now you can receive a higher bonus with the personal cards if you use a referral. 75,000 points but this offer is only good until Feb 18th.
Thanks - that's fantastic timing/news for me! And it looks like there's now a public offer for 75K that does not require a referral

But the new offer is strong enough that I think I might be able to tempt some friends into going for a CP. I assume it would work to refer a friend from my Business Performance card, have them sign up for one Personal and one Business card (to get CP for themselves) and then immediately refer me to the Personal Priority card - is there any problem with that? I don't want to self-refer for fear of Chase getting twitchy, but is referring a friend and then having them refer me back OK?
Old Jan 9, 2020, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by huge
Thanks - that's fantastic timing/news for me! And it looks like there's now a public offer for 75K that does not require a referral

But the new offer is strong enough that I think I might be able to tempt some friends into going for a CP. I assume it would work to refer a friend from my Business Performance card, have them sign up for one Personal and one Business card (to get CP for themselves) and then immediately refer me to the Personal Priority card - is there any problem with that? I don't want to self-refer for fear of Chase getting twitchy, but is referring a friend and then having them refer me back OK?
You can self refer yourself for ANY Southwest card that you don't have..........business or personal and collect the referral bonus yourself

The downfall to getting the 75K personal over the PREMIER BUSINESS is that the spend is $5K ( 3k on personal) and of course it counts towards 5/24.

The Personal cards AF is $30 less and is probably going to be easier to get.

We fly SW often so I'll be getting 2 Business and a personal and we also get great value out of transferring UR points to WN as they are worth double the value using CP..............UR points do NOT count towards EARNING CP.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
....We fly SW often so I'll be getting 2 Business and a personal and we also get great value out of transferring UR points to WN as they are worth double the value using CP..............UR points do NOT count towards EARNING CP.
I am not sure, but I think if you buy WN tickets via the Chase UR portal, you get 1.5x and since it is now a purchased ticket, you get miles on WN as well. Transferring miles is easy and quick, but at a 1:1 and of course you do not earn miles.

Correct me if I am wrong.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
I am not sure, but I think if you buy WN tickets via the Chase UR portal, you get 1.5x and since it is now a purchased ticket, you get miles on WN as well. Transferring miles is easy and quick, but at a 1:1 and of course you do not earn miles.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Buying tickets via the UR points and via TYP may earn SW miles that are good for CP, I never tried it so I'm not sure.

I haven't bought a ticket in cash since 2004 and I don't plan on doing that anytime soon so I have no idea how it earns points.

What I spoke of was transferring "XXXXX" UR points to WN Points, the transferred points do not count towards CP
Old Jan 9, 2020, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Buying tickets via the UR points and via TYP may earn SW miles that are good for CP, I never tried it so I'm not sure.

I haven't bought a ticket in cash since 2004 and I don't plan on doing that anytime soon so I have no idea how it earns points.

What I spoke of was transferring "XXXXX" UR points to WN Points, the transferred points do not count towards CP
UR Portal is basically a travel agency. You call and have them buy the ticket using your points. It counts as a cash paid flight, with segment and points flown. A $150 ticket would cost you 10,000 UR points.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
UR Portal is basically a travel agency. You call and have them buy the ticket using your points. It counts as a cash paid flight, with segment and points flown. A $150 ticket would cost you 10,000 UR points.

Assuming you can get the same fare price on the UR portal it works out close to the same as if you transferred points to WN., this includes adding the points for flying

If a person needed a limited number of the points for CP or Alist, etc the UR portal would be an option but a $153 flight only earns 725 WN points in WGA

Edit, I must be doing something wrong, when I go to the UR Portal to book flights Southwest is not an option.............seems you have to call to book a WN flight

Booking Southwest Flights on UR Portal

I see UA, AA, DL and Jet Blue

I also see a $150 flight costing ~ 12K UR on AA, not sure if the points per $$ are different for WN flghts

$150.70
or 12,056 PTS
one way

Last edited by flyer4512; Jan 9, 2020 at 4:22 pm
Old Jan 9, 2020, 4:15 pm

You can self refer yourself for ANY Southwest card that you don't have..........business or personal and collect the referral bonus yourself

The downfall to getting the 75K personal over the PREMIER BUSINESS is that the spend is $5K ( 3k on personal) and of course it counts towards 5/24.

The Personal cards AF is $30 less and is probably going to be easier to get.

We fly SW often so I'll be getting 2 Business and a personal and we also get great value out of transferring UR points to WN as they are worth double the value using CP..............UR points do NOT count towards EARNING CP.
There are suggestions (on DoC) that self-referral may not be the greatest idea since Chase has shown signs of tightening up on referral-abuse. I realize this is just speculation, but I figure if I can lower my risk a little by referring and getting referred back, I might as well.

That's a good thought about the Premier having lower spend requirement, but because I'm getting 80K for the Performance biz card, I'll actually get the CP at least as fast by getting a personal card (by getting 40K after $1K spend, plus some flying, plus some points from spend). And I think I'm only 2/24 so that's not a major problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.