Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Chase WN Performance business credit card with 80k bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Chase WN Performance business credit card with 80k bonus

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2019, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by cslovacek
Interesting data points here. Applied for my wife on Thursday of last week and got the lowest credit limit we've ever gotten ($9,000). I'm quite pissed because we have a $14,000 charge I was planning on putting on it, but now I'll have to split the transaction and use two separate cards. Something is up with Chase because we always get anywhere from $20K-$35K credit limits and have one card with a $75,000 limit (another issuer).

In response to one of the poster's up a bit, being that it's a business card isn't the reason for the lower limit as we've had numerous business cards with chase, all with higher limits. Again, something has changed with Chase, either with this particular card or their underwriting in general. Anyway, hopefully the card will arrive later this week. Their loss on the ~$5,000 spend, which would have resulted in a few bucks worth of merchant fees for them. That money will now go to Citi (AA Executive Card).

Cheers,
Did you lower the limits on any of your other Chase cards before applying? It's quite possible Chase has reached the maximum limit of credit they'll issue you based on your income. I always request one of my limits to be lowered by 10-15k on a less-utilized card just in case before applying.
joshua362 likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 6:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by camaross
Did you lower the limits on any of your other Chase cards before applying? It's quite possible Chase has reached the maximum limit of credit they'll issue you based on your income. I always request one of my limits to be lowered by 10-15k on a less-utilized card just in case before applying.
No, we did not. However, the 1 existing Chase card I have (wife is an AU and shows up on credit report) has been in place for probably 10 years. In that time, we've churned probably 15-20 cards between us. So no, that's not it, as nothing has changed. In fact, we cancelled another Chase card probably 6 months ago, so our exposure with them is lower than it's been in at least 10 years.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 7:49 am

No, we did not. However, the 1 existing Chase card I have (wife is an AU and shows up on credit report) has been in place for probably 10 years. In that time, we've churned probably 15-20 cards between us. So no, that's not it, as nothing has changed. In fact, we cancelled another Chase card probably 6 months ago, so our exposure with them is lower than it's been in at least 10 years.
Did you try calling after the card was activated to move credit lines around? They may move personal lines to business. When I asked the rep on the phone in fraud department about this she said i should call the number on the back of the card about this after i get it. I have moved lines around with Chase in the past (a while back). Her personal card currently has a 35k limit.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 8:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ave1024
Did you try calling after the card was activated to move credit lines around? They may move personal lines to business. When I asked the rep on the phone in fraud department about this she said i should call the number on the back of the card about this after i get it. I have moved lines around with Chase in the past (a while back). Her personal card currently has a 35k limit.

I have not because it's not possible in this case. This is my wife's only Chase card, so there is nothing to move around. In year's past, when we each had multiple Chase cards, we very easily moved credit around. At this point, it doesn't really matter, as it will only cost me about 5,000 Southwest Points (which will now to go American Airlines), so it's not a big deal. As soon as the bonus posts, I'll be cancelling the card anyway.

The point is, something in their approach/algorithm has changed.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 6:16 pm

The point is, something in their approach/algorithm has changed.
I mean, maybe? It's really impossible to come to that conclusion with 1 datapoint. There could be several other factors that led to Chase's decision, and there's really no way to really know, especially again with just 1 DP.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
I mean, maybe? It's really impossible to come to that conclusion with 1 datapoint. There could be several other factors that led to Chase's decision, and there's really no way to really know, especially again with just 1 DP.
I would agree.

And would add that underwriting levels surely must go through changes often based on bank financials, credit card loss rates, and various other market focus decisions.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 7:47 pm
Suspended

There have been multiple data points coming from this topic. Numerous people have reported lower than normal credit lines. So no, it’s not just one data point.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 2:49 pm

Programs: WN
approved for business performance! on maui right now. going to try for 50K personal card on flight back
Old Oct 27, 2019, 7:21 pm

There have been multiple data points coming from this topic. Numerous people have reported lower than normal credit lines. So no, it’s not just one data point.
And multiple counter DP's. Point being, nowhere near any sort of significant amount of available information to come to any real conclusion.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 9:09 am
Suspended

And multiple counter DP's. Point being, nowhere near any sort of significant amount of available information to come to any real conclusion.
Yea, yea, believe what you want. Something has change and your evidence (lack there of) isn’t changing that thought.

Anyway, I got the card in and made the necessary purchase for the bonus. All is good in Texas.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
If someone wants to argue this foolish theory of credit limits - maybe another thread. This is nuts!
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
I applied and Chase sent me some huge long list of requirements to prove I have a business.

Have had same IL resale number for 25 years. Had 2 Chase business cards (both now Plus) since they came out what, 8-10 years ago? Bank account statement, utility bill, etc. Had to send in passport/ DL and proof of S/S number. Found the original S/S card from 1959. Hahahahaha

Had my Chase bank FAX it all in today.

Not that big a deal on the delay, as I spend it all for the SUB 1/1/20.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 5:38 pm

Yea, yea, believe what you want. Something has change and your evidence (lack there of) isn’t changing that thought.

Anyway, I got the card in and made the necessary purchase for the bonus. All is good in Texas.
Cool, your scientific evidence of "one dude in Texas" and a couple other random posters on a message board is totally the thorough evidence we need that a multinational corporation secretly changed their underwriting policies.

Moving on...
Old Oct 29, 2019, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
I applied and Chase sent me some huge long list of requirements to prove I have a business.

Have had same IL resale number for 25 years. Had 2 Chase business cards (both now Plus) since they came out what, 8-10 years ago? Bank account statement, utility bill, etc. Had to send in passport/ DL and proof of S/S number. Found the original S/S card from 1959. Hahahahaha

You have a similar history that I have. I’m addition to your personal income did you put in any revenue for the business? I put in 350k in gross revenue for my sole proprietorship (because that’s what it is). I never get asked about it because if I did I can just show them my tax return.

Maybe putting in money in the revenue makes a difference to avoid the questions?
Old Oct 29, 2019, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks

Originally Posted by ave1024
You have a similar history that I have. I’m addition to your personal income did you put in any revenue for the business? I put in 350k in gross revenue for my sole proprietorship (because that’s what it is). I never get asked about it because if I did I can just show them my tax return.

Maybe putting in money in the revenue makes a difference to avoid the questions?
This is why it's often easier to apply as a startup. I have business cards open from a bar I used to own and applied/approved for bus cards under that business for years after I sold and technically still own a % as I'm owed $$.

Going forward I'm using all startups for bus apps.
sdsearch likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.