Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BEWARE: Southwest will steal your points !

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2019, 8:26 pm

When you cancel a flight with points they go back into your account. When you cancel a reservation bought with at least some real $, they credit you travel funds attached to the reservation number. You need to use the balance with one year or the money is lost. Last I looked there is no place in our online account to see the reservation number with a monetary credit, nor the amount itself. Calling them about unused funds is not quick as they have no easy way to look it up. I keep track now if I have a credit.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:12 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by chuck1
SWA is all smoke and mirrors when it comes to LUV.
Truer words were never spoken (or typed).
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:34 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Originally Posted by ursine1
That was then, this is now.
When you get my age you live in the past, the future is questionable
lougord99, ursine1 and steved5480 like this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 3:01 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
Originally Posted by Blitzjb
Does anyone fly Frontier more than once?
Yes, people actually do. Most people have a decent experience if they go in with the proper expectations and make sure to pay attention when booking. Some people do have bad experiences, some are legitimate, some aren't. If you read the reviews you would think that they were the worst airline in the world but not many people do reviews when companies get it right. Heck I was Frontier Elite (Ascent) at one time.
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 3:09 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by LegalTender
AA: 'Your wallet shows the number of miles you have and the earliest date they could expire. All miles expired from December 2002 onward are eligible for reactivation for a fee.'
... huh. I wonder what the statute of limitations are, and how much? I forgot I had ~48K AA miles about 15 years ago, 'till I'd logged in 5-6 years back and saw they were gone (I shoulda ranted about something that's squarely my problem in the AA forum, huh? ). I should send them an E-mail ....
Old Mar 21, 2019, 3:23 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
... huh. I wonder what the statute of limitations are, and how much? I forgot I had ~48K AA miles about 15 years ago, 'till I'd logged in 5-6 years back and saw they were gone (I shoulda ranted about something that's squarely my problem in the AA forum, huh? ). I should send them an E-mail ....
And maybe I can get my old AA frequent flyer number back that I didn't use for like 4 years and it was closed,.. It was one I got in the 90s that I signed up for via Easy Sabre on Prodigy, Three Letters and four numbers.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
And there you have it.

FIRST and ONLY post from this person.
bobunf and nancypants like this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
And there you have it.

FIRST and ONLY post from this person.
Can't all be "FlyerTalk Posting Legends." And there you have it.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EX-AA Explat, WN Loyalist
You are notified when you signup for a RR account that lack of points + activity for 2 yrs will result in forfeiture of points. No sympathy if you can't read the fine print...
bobunf likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by Blitzjb
Does anyone fly Frontier more than once?
I flew them in preference over Southwest for a time because their inflight product is good and the fares were ridiculously low. I stopped only because they stopped serving the primary route I used. It was also easy to get Elite status which gaves you the opportunity to upgrade to their stretch seats at the gate.
I would fly them again if it worked out.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Typical hit and run to be never seen again

jrpcs Last Activity: Yesterday 10:35 am

Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:38 am
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
True, Southwest isn't as clear as other airlines about when points expire - but in return we all get free cancellations on points bookings, as well as no change fees. (Whereas lots of other airlines have $100+ re-deposit fees for cancelling points bookings unless you're a high enough elite member)
bobunf likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by treadlightly
When you cancel a flight with points they go back into your account. When you cancel a reservation bought with at least some real $, they credit you travel funds attached to the reservation number. You need to use the balance with one year or the money is lost. Last I looked there is no place in our online account to see the reservation number with a monetary credit, nor the amount itself. Calling them about unused funds is not quick as they have no easy way to look it up. I keep track now if I have a credit.
If you have the confirmation number, you can look up your travel funds here:
https://www.southwest.com/flight/tra...ds-search.html
treadlightly and bobunf like this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, SQ Krisflyer PPS, UA 1p, Marriot Lifetime Platinum, American EXP
Not a SW flyer but why would you expect them to be back after the message posted here, I would not be back, for a moment I thought I was in the Delta forum. And I may not be correct on this some of the other programs AA comes to mine it is activity not necessarily adding miles. In other words booking a award ticket would be activity.
LegalTender likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: Southwest, Best Western Gold, La Quinta, Dollar
So he earned 250,000+ points, then didn't earn any more at all for two years, and now suddenly needs points for a family member to attend a funeral?

I'm just glad he didn't waste the points on frivolous vacation travel, stuff like that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.