Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BEWARE: Southwest will steal your points !

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2019, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by joshua362
That scared me so I had to check as I haven't earned in a long while. Yes, the $99 didn't earn 99 points but it triggered the 6,000 "bonus" points causing "activity" to WN RR

Tomato / To-mah-too
There has been discussion here that the anniversary points are not dependant on paying the fee and you can recieve the points, cancel the card, not pay the fees and keep the points.
ursine1 likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:17 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
There has been discussion here that the anniversary points are not dependant on paying the fee and you can recieve the points, cancel the card, not pay the fees and keep the points.
That seems to be the case for most if not all Chase cards with annual bonuses.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 11:18 pm

The annual fee is independent of the anniversary bonus.

Chase's credit card fees do not earn points (or qualify towards spending thresholds).
Old Apr 12, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Shouldn't WN show expiration date in your Home SWA page?

Originally Posted by nsx
Most airline and hotel programs at least send you an email warning of expiration. Southwest should get with the program.
With all the different programs (not just air, but hotel, etc.) having unique policies, they should at least show the expiration date of points on the Web site - preferably on your Home screen, but at least in the My Account page.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by SAPMAN
With all the different programs (not just air, but hotel, etc.) having unique policies, they should at least show the expiration date of points on the Web site - preferably on your Home screen, but at least in the My Account page.
Your last activity date is right there next to your point total on your account page. If you click on the little i next to it, it will tell you that your points will remain as long you earn points once every 24 months.
ursine1 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:04 pm

Programs: Southwest RR, Alaska Mileage Plan™
As I mentioned on a similar thread, I do surveys for RR points, and manage to get one competed about every 3 months.

But yeah, go to the store and buy something every year if you have a large stash of points. Just the way it goes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.