Wiki Posts
Search

400 points short of companion pass!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2018, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by toomanybooks

I do not recall any such.
Neither do I.

And just to be clear, regular purchased points do not qualify.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
would never rely on partner points to post except Chase which is like clockwork when statement closes. this seems like a no-brainer given the high value of the CP. just bite the bullet and get on a plane next week.
roundtree likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Critterlynn
Don't know about flowers, but my experience with rental cars is you're lucky if they post at all.
I have never not had Hertz post promptly.

I would not trust it this late in the year, since OP is so close, but my spouse's recent Hertz rental posted 9 days after the rental began, and WN has the rental date,not posting date, as her last date of activity
Old Dec 28, 2018, 9:36 am

Donate

Donate to a charity, like World Vision, Compassion International, Samaritan's Purse, or similar. They almost always post immediately. If in doubt, call them and do it on the phone (as opposed to online) to get a post validation number.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 10:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I would still not engage in anything other than certainty by flying. If anything else goes sideways, you have no recourse. That TPA-FLL run is a tad more expensive, but if the CP is valuable to you, it is worth it.
Tanic likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: AA, WN, NK
Originally Posted by PcolaPaul
You think I could call SWA and ask them nicely for the 400. I do have the CC. Or am I looking at a mileage run. SO CLOSE!
What did you end up doing (or going to do) ? Did you make it?
Old Dec 29, 2018, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by omisamoyed
Donate to a charity, like World Vision, Compassion International, Samaritan's Purse, or similar. They almost always post immediately. If in doubt, call them and do it on the phone (as opposed to online) to get a post validation number.
???

How do you earn Rapid Rewards points by donating money over the phone?
Old Dec 29, 2018, 2:27 am

Southwest has posted this end-of-the-year recap, covering how and when points will qualify for A-List and/or CP status.

2018 Rapid Rewards Qualifying Transactions for 2019 Status

In a nutshell, partner points (except credit card) will qualify as long as the transaction is made in 2018, regardless of when those points actually post to your RR account (which in some cases may be up to 8 weeks later).

Credit card points qualify based on the date they post to your RR account, not the date of spend.

This does mean that you could qualify for CP based on a 2018 transaction, but not actually receive the CP until after the points post in 2019, possibly as late as late February. Meaning, in a worst-case scenario, that your CP would be valid for only 10 months.
roundtree likes this.

Last edited by ursine1; Dec 29, 2018 at 12:57 pm Reason: fixed dates/timeline for posting
Old Dec 29, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: United MileagePlus, Southwest RapidRewards
Does anyone know if points transferred in from hotels count toward companion pass, if so how quick do they post? I am slightly over 4K away from a companion pass and I'm not sure taking a flight is in the cards. I do however have a ton of Marriott points I could use...
Old Dec 29, 2018, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DonnieZ
Does anyone know if points transferred in from hotels count toward companion pass, if so how quick do they post? I am slightly over 4K away from a companion pass and I'm not sure taking a flight is in the cards. I do however have a ton of Marriott points I could use...
Nope, not since 3/31/17.
ursine1 likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by DonnieZ

Check the link I posted directly above your post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.