Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anyone want to be a companion for the companion pass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone want to be a companion for the companion pass

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2017, 8:47 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Originally Posted by nsx
If there's a common root cause to trouble on these forums, it's underestimating the intelligence of our readers. If you think that you are the only one here smart enough to figure something out, you are certainly wrong.

I have complete confidence in the ability of our members to distinguish a scam from a genuine offer. I mean, we are often the ones running scams on the travel companies!
I don't think anybody thinks they're the only one smart enough to figure something out. There are certainly many intelligent people here who probably saw the post, laughed and moved on. This probably explains why many of the regulars thought it wasn't worthy of a reply.

I think this was more of a case of people speaking their thoughts out loud. And while most members might be able to easily spot a scam, there are other gullible people who would easily fall for them. If speaking your thoughts out loud prevents this from happening one time, whats the harm?

I certainly don't see this as a "root cause of trouble." I also don't see this as someone trying to show how smart they are.
Old May 3, 2017, 8:51 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List Pref, HH Gold, Marriott LT PP
Hey, look at the bright side of this offer. You could end up being the subject of an entire Dateline episode!
Old May 4, 2017, 6:41 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Critterlynn
I don't think anybody thinks they're the only one smart enough to figure something out. There are certainly many intelligent people here who probably saw the post, laughed and moved on. This probably explains why many of the regulars thought it wasn't worthy of a reply.

I think this was more of a case of people speaking their thoughts out loud. And while most members might be able to easily spot a scam, there are other gullible people who would easily fall for them. If speaking your thoughts out loud prevents this from happening one time, whats the harm?

I certainly don't see this as a "root cause of trouble." I also don't see this as someone trying to show how smart they are.
I think all he is saying is the OP thought he could outsmart us all
Old May 4, 2017, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Wow - so many think this is some terrible ID scan. Getting a name and DOB is way low on the list of ID scams. If I thought this would work for me, I would meet the person somewhere and check it out.

Too many people think too many things are a scam. I had dinner with somebody last night that 100% believes in the following scam:

If you get a phone call, and somebody asks your name, and you say "YES", then can do all kinds of fraudulent stuff. She did it and changed all her credit cards the same day, bank account, etc. Wow.

Call me and I will say YES, YES, YES, YES.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.