Wiki Posts
Search

SW Flights from OAK to PVR and SJD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA - Lifetime Platinum, SW Companion pass
Post SW Flights from OAK to PVR and SJD

The new direct flights from OAK to PVR and SJD really make the companion pass and SW rapid rewards points valuable. Only 7K points to redeem one way tix on trips to Mexico. Also, customs at OAK pretty simple compared to SFO or LAX. No first class but price is right and relatively painless for SW flights.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:19 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
WN went right for the nonstop unserved city pairs here. Wonder how much connecting traffic they can drive through OAK? Nice if it lasts.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:56 am

Now just need the Mexico City one to come.
Old May 4, 2017, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I was also pleased to have another option to SJD for our annual excursion. That being said, from what I've seen WN's fares are just as high as the competition, and there is no chance of an upgrade to F (something that we've often managed on UA and AS).

I have no experience with CBP @oak but it is hard to imagine that it would be better than SFO for those of us with Global Entry. I am usually out the door within 10 minutes of landing @sfo. Also no free lounge options @oak, at least not yet.
Old May 4, 2017, 2:38 pm

Aug-Nov T/W flights during the sale last week were 3500 points plus $31 in taxes/fees. Practically free.
Old May 4, 2017, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by ucdtim17
Aug-Nov T/W flights during the sale last week were 3500 points plus $31 in taxes/fees. Practically free.
That is a great deal, even for low season!

However the Cabo flights were pricing at $311-418 one way for peak summer weekends. Not close to free and not really competitive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.