Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nashville Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2016, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards
Again, many, many thanks to everyone for their input re: bna and hotels etc. I may try the pricline bid thing just to see what happens although I understand ifyou don't like the hotel you are stuck with it (is that true?).
m3c1
Old Jun 4, 2016, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by m3c1
Again, many, many thanks to everyone for their input re: bna and hotels etc. I may try the pricline bid thing just to see what happens although I understand ifyou don't like the hotel you are stuck with it (is that true?).
m3c1
Yes, if you do the "Name your price" and someone accepts, you are automatically charged and its nonrefundable, unless you choose the protect your trip option. They claim you have to provide a DRs note if you cancel, but I don't know how true that is.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Would it be best to make the 'name your price' reservation now or wait until we get closer to the date? The motel will need to have an airport shuttle and I'm not sure those are that reliable in Nashville.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 5:56 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
I did check on the 'tip' the 'rove 312' had and the aircraft is a 737-800 if that is an accurate Id.

It can't be as bad as Tampa the first week of Sept.
Tampa has breezes.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 6:26 am

Would it be best to make the 'name your price' reservation now or wait until we get closer to the date? The motel will need to have an airport shuttle and I'm not sure those are that reliable in Nashville.
Honestly, I don't think you will save much over just booking a room exactly where you want. You are going to stay in a run of the mill hotel (La Quinta, Hampton, Days Inn, etc...) and those are already pretty cheap. I would imagine you will get something for $75-100/night.

I find the name your price more beneficial when you are in a big city and the hotels around where you need to be are luxury and in the $200+/night.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 9:44 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Swens6
Honestly, I don't think you will save much over just booking a room exactly where you want. You are going to stay in a run of the mill hotel (La Quinta, Hampton, Days Inn, etc...) and those are already pretty cheap. I would imagine you will get something for $75-100/night.

I find the name your price more beneficial when you are in a big city and the hotels around where you need to be are luxury and in the $200+/night.
If there is a pair of events or one large one, Nashville can sell out with no availability for 50 miles in any direction. I know of this happening twice. The first was the Titans and Vanderbilt with home games the same weekend. If Vandy is playing another SEC team, even worse. If they are playing Tennessee, well, just avoid Nashville.

The second will occur next weekend. CMA festival and Bonnaroo are the same weekend this year. I once few out on the Monday following this and the airport was insane with the mix of rock festival and country music fans. Everyone was cool, but it was indeed an odd mix.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

OK, maybe the last question for a while; Does anybody know how you get from the baggage claim area of the airport to the rental car garage. I know it is close but do we need to wait for a shuttle or can we grab the bags and walk there? I thought the flynashville website said it was within walking distance from the baggage claim area. Anybody know for sure?

Thanks again to everybody.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:52 pm

OK, maybe the last question for a while; Does anybody know how you get from the baggage claim area of the airport to the rental car garage. I know it is close but do we need to wait for a shuttle or can we grab the bags and walk there? I thought the flynashville website said it was within walking distance from the baggage claim area. Anybody know for sure?

Thanks again to everybody.
From claim: Escalator down one level. Go out door and cross street. Turn left in parking garage. Short walk, 100 yards or so, or you can catch a complementary golf cart. No shuttle bus, no off site rental car facility.

You're welcome.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 3:31 am
Original Poster

That's doable for sure and thanks a lot.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold and Current Platinum, Hilton Gold
I am hearing rumors that Nashville will be upgraded by Southwest to a "mega" station with 100+ flights/day (I think we currently have around 85). Anyone heard or can confirm this? Would be great news. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.