FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   Nashville Airport (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1766295-nashville-airport.html)

m3c1 May 16, 2016 3:23 pm

Nashville Airport

Hey, I'm new here so bear with me as I get my bearings. My wife and I are flying in to Nashville in late August. Can anybody tell me about the lines at the tsa screening points in this airport. It might be good to know when we leave.

Also, I rented a car from Enterprise from an off airport site. When I got the confirmation email I read the whole thing and basically it says that they will charge me the same amount as if I had rented the car at the airport. When I called that particular off airport office the guy who answered the phone (Bret) just told me that they would ask me if we had flown into Nashville in the previous 24 hours and to just tell them "no" and we'd get the rate that was published for their site. Has anybody ever heard of this? Is this they way it is at all off airport rental sites in Nashville or just Enterprise? Is that the way it is at most airports?:confused: I'd sure like some information on this 'practice' if anybody knows anything.

Is there anyway to tell what aircraft (737-?) they fly from Kansas City to Nashville?

Many Thanks

rove312 May 16, 2016 4:42 pm

On the last question, you can search as if you're booking the flight, click on the flight number, and the scheduled aircraft type (subject to change) will be shown.

lougord99 May 16, 2016 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by rove312 (Post 26635486)
On the last question, you can search as if you're booking the flight,

Why does the OP care?

m3c1 May 16, 2016 5:21 pm

Thanks rove312 I will try that.
m3c1:cool:

anjeo May 16, 2016 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by m3c1 (Post 26635123)
Hey, I'm new here so bear with me as I get my bearings. My wife and I are flying in to Nashville in late August. Can anybody tell me about the lines at the tsa screening points in this airport. It might be good to know when we leave.

Many Thanks

The Southwest TSA pre lines have always been significantly shorter and faster then the regular screening lines at BNA in my experience.

tanfox May 16, 2016 6:16 pm

I flew out of BNA today. Went through TSA around 9:00 am. I did not have TSA pre. Regular line was very short, 4 or 5 people ahead of me.
On the other hand, MDW was its usual mess when I was there on Saturday at 6:00am.

Khssoccer16 May 17, 2016 9:30 am

Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are the worst days typically at BNA. TSA can be 10 minutes to 2 hours + if there is a concert or convention traveling. If you use www.flynashville.com it is typically pretty accurate on TSA wait times. Keep in mind there are two sides at BNA and check both usually Southwest side gets backed up more than the Delta, frontier end of the concourse.

Patrickthetiger May 17, 2016 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Khssoccer16 (Post 26638781)
Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are the worst days typically at BNA. TSA can be 10 minutes to 2 hours + if there is a concert or convention traveling. If you use www.flynashville.com it is typically pretty accurate on TSA wait times. Keep in mind there are two sides at BNA and check both usually Southwest side gets backed up more than the Delta, frontier end of the concourse.

This guy is correct, especially the bold parts. Also, there are typically 6 to 8 lines for each side of TSA checkpoint (Southwest vs. Delta/Frontier side). Two of those will be Pre-Check lines that move very quickly, and another one that is for expedited security (A+ members, JetBlue Mosaics, etc.). While waiting in the Pre-Check line, I've NEVER witnessed a TSA agent at the front of the non-Pre-Check expedited security line turning anyone away, even non-elite/non-first class passengers that accidentally stumbled into the incorrect line. Feel free to give it a shot ;)

nineworldseries May 17, 2016 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by lougord99 (Post 26635617)
Why does the OP care?

Um, because he/she specifically asked? Is there some joke I'm not getting here?

InkUnderNails May 17, 2016 12:17 pm

Bring cool clothes. Nashville in August can have oppressive heat/humidity.

TSA line can be a crap shoot, but it has been a while for me. Yes, the Delta side can be shorter particularly if it is not that time of day when the bunched up flights getting their passengers. The last time I flew I was in the pre lane for 45 minutes and got a 20 minute bag rape in addition, but that is not the norm.

There are a lot of flights through MCI into BNA and the equipment can be anything. If it is a continuation from the West Coast, you will likely get the newer planes. If it is one of those central loops through Texas/Oklahoma it can be a -300.

m3c1 May 19, 2016 2:27 pm

Many Thanks

to everybody who addressed my concerns about mci to bna and back again in late august/early sept...

One thing I don't understand is if the Pre Check is supposed to help alleviate some of the back up at the TSA check points; how come it isn't free or at $20 bucks or so. $85 is a bit much in my opinion; if you were flying with a couple of kids and spouse you could rack up some serious cash that could be spent on something that I would consider more benefical. And as my conspiracy freak friend says...'then they (meaning the government) have your finger prints and they can keep tabs on you etc, etc'' Well, that's beside the point but I would think a reduce cost would be more enticing to the casual traveller.

I guess we will see what we will see but this biz with the shoes/belts/ whatever else they want you to remove is getting to be a bit much.

m3c1 May 19, 2016 2:29 pm

I did check on the 'tip' the 'rove 312' had and the aircraft is a 737-800 if that is an accurate Id.

Originally Posted by InkUnderNails (Post 26639654)
Bring cool clothes. Nashville in August can have oppressive heat/humidity.

It can't be as bad as Tampa the first week of Sept.

harold May 20, 2016 7:34 am

Originally Posted by m3c1 (Post 26651805)
to everybody who addressed my concerns about mci to bna and back again in late august/early sept...

One thing I don't understand is if the Pre Check is supposed to help alleviate some of the back up at the TSA check points; how come it isn't free or at $20 bucks or so. $85 is a bit much in my opinion; if you were flying with a couple of kids and spouse you could rack up some serious cash that could be spent on something that I would consider more benefical. And as my conspiracy freak friend says...'then they (meaning the government) have your finger prints and they can keep tabs on you etc, etc'' Well, that's beside the point but I would think a reduce cost would be more enticing to the casual traveller.

I guess we will see what we will see but this biz with the shoes/belts/ whatever else they want you to remove is getting to be a bit much.

TSA Pre is $85 for 5 years, not per trip. It's the best $85 you'll ever spend. Well actually, $100 for Global Entry is the best you'll ever spend.

sweetsleep May 20, 2016 7:39 pm

When you enter the Nashville airport check in terminal, Southwest check in is to the far left. Immediately next to Southwest is the entry to Terminal C security. Just to the right of that entry is the American check in desk. As you proceed further to the right of American you will see Delta,United,Frontier and a few other airlines. The very far right there is another security entry to Terminal B and C.
Terminal A (and security) are almost always busier to get through than B or C. You can enter the security area through either side and I would go to the side that has the shorter line-which is almost always the entry to terminal B and C. There is a precheck line at both sides! As you move through the "gauntlet" you will see that passengers dump into the same area but there is no mingling of people in the A line or the B/C line so it usually goes faster. Everyone exits in the same area though and then you are free to go to any terminal you wish as you are now "airside".
Once you are airside and if you have time, enjoy some of the fun (and free!) live music venues(depending on the time of day) scattered throughout the airport! There are also some unique to Nashville local eateries that have concessions there so you are not stuck eating the usual chain restaurant food-unless you want to. Almost all airport announcements are recorded by familiar sounding voices-famous musicians who live locally. It's a pretty nice airport actually.
I recommend the Noshville deli, Tootsie's Orchid Lounge,Provence cafe and bakery in particular. Unless you have a really awful sweet tooth I would pass on buying any GooGoo clusters-they are made in Nashville but I can't say we are proud of that!

anjeo May 21, 2016 4:39 am

Yazoo brewing has an outpost there too - For the thirsty !