FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nashville Airport
View Single Post
Old Jun 5, 2016, 9:44 pm
InkUnderNails

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Swens6
Honestly, I don't think you will save much over just booking a room exactly where you want. You are going to stay in a run of the mill hotel (La Quinta, Hampton, Days Inn, etc...) and those are already pretty cheap. I would imagine you will get something for $75-100/night.

I find the name your price more beneficial when you are in a big city and the hotels around where you need to be are luxury and in the $200+/night.
If there is a pair of events or one large one, Nashville can sell out with no availability for 50 miles in any direction. I know of this happening twice. The first was the Titans and Vanderbilt with home games the same weekend. If Vandy is playing another SEC team, even worse. If they are playing Tennessee, well, just avoid Nashville.

The second will occur next weekend. CMA festival and Bonnaroo are the same weekend this year. I once few out on the Monday following this and the airport was insane with the mix of rock festival and country music fans. Everyone was cool, but it was indeed an odd mix.