Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

RR Shopping Points (Sears) taken away (was: .. RR Points disappeared via Refund)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RR Shopping Points (Sears) taken away (was: .. RR Points disappeared via Refund)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:39 am
Original Poster

I purchased $2400 worth of sears gift cards when the portal was at 8pts in May. About 3 weeks later I received the 19,200 points I was owed.

Yesterday on 7/6 all 19,200 showed refunded and were gone out of my account. I called SW RR and they said they do not see it on their end but see the balance and did math so could see I was telling the truth. They said they couldn't help and sent me to customer relations.

After a hour wait she said we should have to inquire with the sears team to see why they were taken back?

Any ideas? Advise? Please help?
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:32 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jwilliams84

Any ideas? Advise? Please help?
There is an email link at RR Shopping that will send a message to Cartera, the administrators of the portal. They have been great in resolving these problems for me. It may take a while, but they get it done. Just have all the details ready and put them in the email.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
There is an email link at RR Shopping that will send a message to Cartera, the administrators of the portal. They have been great in resolving these problems for me. It may take a while, but they get it done. Just have all the details ready and put them in the email.
Agree completely. And it may be taken care of fairly quickly.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 9:34 pm

Same thing happened to my account. Purchased a Sears gift card in May and then made a Sears purchase with it . Both transactions RR points are gone. I have sent an email to Cartera and am waiting for a response.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 10:41 pm

I had same experiences not only southwest portal but also AA and MP portal. all earned miles from these portals from sears for transactions on May 21,22 and 23 were removed from my accounts yesterday. I already emailed cartera and they replied me that they will investigate.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Can anyone post the link to the cartera. Is that the link "this form" on the RR site under partners?
Old Jul 9, 2015, 8:50 am

Can anyone post the link to the cartera. Is that the link "this form" on the RR site under partners?
Use "contact us" inside the RR shopping portal.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Got an email today from Cartera saying:

Please be aware that after looking into your case and account I have confirmed that you have a reversal for Sears, order #######, transaction made on 05/22/2015.

Unfortunately, at this time we are not able to credit your account with the expected reward. Your purchase is not eligible for reward due to the terms and conditions for Sears: (Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site. Only products with "Add to Cart" button are eligible. Not eligible on Home Delivery Charges, Services, PA and Installation, Master Protection Agreements, Take With, Protection Plans, Sears auctions, Landsend.com, PartsDirect, Sears Canada, Portrait, Craftsman.com, Kenmore.com or Outlet purchases. Not eligible on Sold by Kmart items or any other licensed partners. Not eligible on Apparel Clearance. Any return, exchange or other adjustment made at a physical store location for an on-line purchase may result in your purchase being deemed ineligible. Eligible for rewards on purchase of gift cards effective from and after June 1, 2014.).

All I bought was gift cards and it clearly says that is ok to do. I am so annoyed with this time wasting run around.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 11:17 am

Don't give up. Cartera customer service is really bad.
I had to fight them after they said they cannot research orders past 120 days when their own site says 180 days.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 1:10 pm

All I bought was gift cards and it clearly says that is ok to do. I am so annoyed with this time wasting run around.
Have you checked with your credit card company to see that the charges when through for the gift cards? Have you checked the gift cards to see if they are valid? In my case, when I purchased $1000 in Sears gift cards on the RR shopping portal (with a 10X points offer) to buy a dishwasher, Chase called my home phone to verify the purchase before it was complete.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 1:17 pm

Got an email today from Cartera saying:

Please be aware that after looking into your case and account I have confirmed that you have a reversal for Sears, order #######, transaction made on 05/22/2015.

Unfortunately, at this time we are not able to credit your account with the expected reward. Your purchase is not eligible for reward due to the terms and conditions for Sears: (Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site. Only products with "Add to Cart" button are eligible. Not eligible on Home Delivery Charges, Services, PA and Installation, Master Protection Agreements, Take With, Protection Plans, Sears auctions, Landsend.com, PartsDirect, Sears Canada, Portrait, Craftsman.com, Kenmore.com or Outlet purchases. Not eligible on Sold by Kmart items or any other licensed partners. Not eligible on Apparel Clearance. Any return, exchange or other adjustment made at a physical store location for an on-line purchase may result in your purchase being deemed ineligible. Eligible for rewards on purchase of gift cards effective from and after June 1, 2014.).

Yikes, this worries me. I have earned over 140k in SW pts through Sears GC purchases in May and June. I'll be watching this closely.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA Silver/Marriott Gold/Hilton Gold
Also just had points disappear from the Rapid Rewards portal (and my RR account) for a gift card purchase in May.

Also had AA miles clawed back from the AA portal for 3x purchases of actual items at Sears. I may have used coupons but only Sears ones that were in my account which never seemed to hurt anything in the past.

Obviously with the GCs you can't use coupons so that doesn't even make sense as a reason.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 3:42 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I wonder if this could be as simple and brutal as Sears refusing to pay Cartera for transactions, as a prelude a bankruptcy filing.

I for one never considered the possibility that points already posted could be lost in a bankruptcy.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 4:42 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Is this something that would be a successful credit card charge back?
Old Jul 9, 2015, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by Majikow
Also just had points disappear from the Rapid Rewards portal (and my RR account) for a gift card purchase in May.

Also had AA miles clawed back from the AA portal for 3x purchases of actual items at Sears. I may have used coupons but only Sears ones that were in my account which never seemed to hurt anything in the past.

Obviously with the GCs you can't use coupons so that doesn't even make sense as a reason.
Which day on May did you purchase gift card and other item?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.