Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Drastic My Account changes

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2015, 9:15 am

Has anyone been able to add a companion to a reservation on the new site? I get an error message every time i try.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 9:47 am

The Southwest IT philosophy: "If it isn't broken, break it". If the new site has no improved functionality (which is my initial impression) why make it more time consuming for users experienced with the current site? All this does is add to the customer service center call volume when frustrated customers call instead of using the web. When it launches the first thing I see is "Well this is awkward..." in the Snapshot. Yes it is. Among other adjectives.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: Southwest Airlines AP & CP; BA Gold
Originally Posted by Tarhee1
Has anyone been able to add a companion to a reservation on the new site? I get an error message every time i try.
Yes, last night for a flight two weeks from now. No problems.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 6:18 pm

Drastic My Account changes

I can add a companion, but I cannot look at my account overview. I get an error message when I open my accounts.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 5:42 am

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
Originally Posted by zachary
I can add a companion, but I cannot look at my account overview. I get an error message when I open my accounts.
I've been getting "Well, this is awkward..." where my snapshot should be. At first I thought it was a first day bug but it's still giving me an error on different computers, browsers, and on my iPad.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 6:51 pm
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

My snapshot has only worked once since the facelift. A relative's has worked every time (same computers)
Old Jun 22, 2015, 2:54 pm

Is anyone else (other than alggag) unable to see their account summary? All I get is an error message telling me that "This is awkward."
Old Jun 23, 2015, 6:00 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by zachary
Is anyone else (other than alggag) unable to see their account summary? All I get is an error message telling me that "This is awkward."
Mine is working. Well, it is displaying. I did not check the buttons but the page is there. It is still ugly.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
Mine is working. Well, it is displaying. I did not check the buttons but the page is there. It is still ugly.
+1 me too
Old Jun 23, 2015, 6:52 am

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Honestly, I don't care what their site looks like.

They should spend ALL their time on functionality, where they've been abysmal over the last decade.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 8:41 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EX-AA Explat, WN Loyalist
Mine is broken as well. Hasn't worked on mobile app either.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 8:45 am

I just checked the mobile app. It shows the correct number of points, but shows that I have no activity this year even though I'm 81% of the way to A+. Still can't see anything on the main website.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 9:10 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
I'm now aware that Southwest's IT department consists of a lone server in a shed where two chimpanzees constantly plug and unplug wires at random.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by tusphotog
The old awards are really hard to book now. You have to log in, click book a flight from the drop down menu at the top, then on the right click My Rapid Rewards, then click "What happened to my awards?," and finally click check dates to get the booking window. Guess they really don't want me to use them.
Doesn't work for me, the My Rapid Rewards click space doesn't lead to anything relevant, just an option to click further to info about A-list, track your trip, or the credit card.

I cannot find the "What happened to my awards" option anywhere. And my existing award reservations are frozen online. Not a happy camper.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by nineworldseries
I'm now aware that Southwest's IT department consists of a lone server in a shed where two chimpanzees constantly plug and unplug wires at random.
I'm gonna align myself with PETA on this one and suggest that you are unnecessarily denigrating chimpanzees with your comment. If what you say is true, we would likely have a more functional site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.