FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   Drastic My Account changes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1688849-drastic-my-account-changes.html)

tatterdema Jun 19, 2015 2:04 am

Drastic My Account changes

The page for "My Account" has drastically changed appearance. Not sure if I like it yet, is going to take some getting used to.

alggag Jun 19, 2015 2:24 am

Same here although it doesn't seem to be totally live yet as I'm getting a bunch of errors and deadends right now.

tusphotog Jun 19, 2015 2:27 am

Yeesh. Seems to take a while for everything to load and I'm definitely not a fan of the full size photo as a background. AS just did the same thing--it looks terrible there, and it looks awful on WN.

The old awards are really hard to book now. You have to log in, click book a flight from the drop down menu at the top, then on the right click My Rapid Rewards, then click "What happened to my awards?," and finally click check dates to get the booking window. Guess they really don't want me to use them.

I do like having the tier points/segments and companion pass qualifying points/segments visible. The last version made it a bit of a hunt.

Tanic Jun 19, 2015 3:30 am

New pretty cloud pictures. No more SA searches if your awards are booked. After much hunting, the new website dumps you into the old familiar booking engine. Lipstick on a pig.

mke9499 Jun 19, 2015 6:19 am

Originally Posted by tusphotog (Post 24994598)

The old awards are really hard to book now. You have to log in, click book a flight from the drop down menu at the top, then on the right click My Rapid Rewards, then click "What happened to my awards?," and finally click check dates to get the booking window. Guess they really don't want me to use them.

When I log in to "My Account," then "My Rapid Rewards" and "What Happened to my Rewards?," the following message is displayed:

There are currently no Rapid RewardsŪ awards in your account. You might have awards that are currently reserved for future travel, or you may not have earned enough credits to redeem for a rewards flight.
I have one active/unusued roundtrip standard award, which is supposed to be valid till May 2016. It was there yesterday evening, and I did not use it since then.

Update: I just checked, again, about 20 minutes since last checking, and the award is suddenly appearing, including a link to "Check dates." It looks like this is a work in progress.

I noticed what I believe is something new, listed under Personal Information.
My own account shows that I am opted in for TSA Pre, which makes since, as I have registered with my KTN. However, a family member, who does not have a KTN, is also listed as being opted in. They had CP status last year, but nothing now.

Other accounts, which I also checked, do not have that notation, even though one account belongs to a WN frequent flier, who is one flight shy of A-List status.

ksuwldkat Jun 19, 2015 7:51 am

Everything is so spread out with huge font and requires a lot of scrolling. At least I can read everything from across the room....

flyerchuk Jun 19, 2015 8:31 am

Originally Posted by mke9499 (Post 24995187)
When I log in to "My Account," then "My Rapid Rewards" and "What Happened to my Rewards?," the following message is displayed:

I have one active/unusued roundtrip standard award, which is supposed to be valid till May 2016. It was there yesterday evening, and I did not use it since then.

Update: I just checked, again, about 20 minutes since last checking, and the award is suddenly appearing, including a link to "Check dates." It looks like this is a work in progress.

I noticed what I believe is something new, listed under Personal Information.
My own account shows that I am opted in for TSA Pre, which makes since, as I have registered with my KTN. However, a family member, who does not have a KTN, is also listed as being opted in. They had CP status last year, but nothing now.

Other accounts, which I also checked, do not have that notation, even though one account belongs to a WN frequent flier, who is one flight shy of A-List status.

I believe the opt-in just indicates that you are willing to be randomly selected for TSA Pre. Some people are selected at random even if they haven't paid the $85 fee.

smmrfld Jun 19, 2015 8:34 am

Anyone find total YTD (not by specific activity) points/flights on the new site yet?

mike_la_jolla Jun 19, 2015 8:56 am

Originally Posted by smmrfld (Post 24995748)
Anyone find total YTD (not by specific activity) points/flights on the new site yet?

Try 'My Account' followed by 'Recent Activity'.

Peoriaman1 Jun 19, 2015 8:58 am

Originally Posted by ksuwldkat (Post 24995545)
Everything is so spread out with huge font and requires a lot of scrolling. At least I can read everything from across the room....

Its the horrible "Mobile First" website design. Works great if you're using it on a smartphone.... Cumbersome and clunky on a regular monitor, with fonts that are too big and entirely too much scrolling. I hate it.

steved5480 Jun 19, 2015 9:07 am

Originally Posted by Tanic (Post 24994792)
New pretty cloud pictures. No more SA searches if your awards are booked. After much hunting, the new website dumps you into the old familiar booking engine. Lipstick on a pig.

THIS in a nutshell (certainly no pun intended).

Nothing has really "changed" as far as the practical system functionality or actual back-end performance goes. Just lotsa more arts-n-crafts which will require lotsa more clicking-around to conduct one's business.

smmrfld Jun 19, 2015 9:27 am

Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla (Post 24995874)
Try 'My Account' followed by 'Recent Activity'.

Not finding total points/flights there as were available under "My Rapid Rewards" on the old site...just individual postings/activity. Am I missing something? Using an iPad if that makes a difference.

NextTrip Jun 19, 2015 9:50 am

Where is the RR Shopping Portal?

mke9499 Jun 19, 2015 10:02 am

Originally Posted by NextTrip (Post 24996151)
Where is the RR Shopping Portal?

Here it is:

https://rapidrewardsshopping.southwe...ed=lk&cont=DLP

LaceyCooper Jun 19, 2015 10:18 am

Overall, I like it. However, I could for-go all the scrolling around.