Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Drastic My Account changes

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by steved5480
THIS in a nutshell (certainly no pun intended).

Nothing has really "changed" as far as the practical system functionality or actual back-end performance goes. Just lotsa more arts-n-crafts which will require lotsa more clicking-around to conduct one's business.
Well said. I just hate nonsense like this. Took me years to memorize the quirks of the last design. Why must they tax our brain like this for a place I might visit a few times in a week then not again for months...
Old Jun 19, 2015, 10:42 am

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
Originally Posted by flyerchuk
I believe the opt-in just indicates that you are willing to be randomly selected for TSA Pre. Some people are selected at random even if they haven't paid the $85 fee.
I haven't paid jack. Not a fan of paying the government any more than I have to nor am I willing to disclose any more about myself than absolutely necessary--yet I can't remember when I didn't last get pre-check.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 10:44 am
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

Originally Posted by Tanic
No more SA searches if your awards are booked.
The long-standing technique of doing a faux change on a booked Award should still work (though I didn't test it). Also, this technique (which I did test) still works as of now:
Originally Posted by ftnoob
...the web server does need to be "switched" to Award search mode. If you want to skip the step of going to the certificates page to click the availability link, use this link, which will redirect to the advanced search link after switching the server to Award mode.
I recommend bookmarking that link.

Given that it's no longer possible to use points to create an Award, I can't fault them too much for taking away the ability (via the UI) to get to the Award availability calendar as part of this face lift.

We should all be thankful that this time they had the sense to roll out these changes after this week's sale ended.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by mke9499
Thanks! But, how do you get to it from the RR account page now? I don't see anything about RR Shopping.

Edit: Found it under "Manage".
Old Jun 19, 2015, 11:02 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by ftnoob
The long-standing technique of doing a faux change on a booked Award should still work (though I didn't test it). Also, this technique (which I did test) still works as of now:... I recommend bookmarking that link.
Yes, it works in a clunky workaround sort of way. Big time saver, though.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 11:13 am

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Oh great! My 58 upcoming trips are now displayed on 29 (or 10, if I choose the "compact" display) pages.

On the old site, they occupied no more than 4 pages and could be printed out easily.

And, of course, it is buggy and not displaying my tier status info yet.

In the scheme of Southwest IT things, this is a minor fail.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 11:15 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by tusphotog
The old awards are really hard to book now. You have to log in, click book a flight from the drop down menu at the top, then on the right click My Rapid Rewards, then click "What happened to my awards?," and finally click check dates to get the booking window. Guess they really don't want me to use them.
I'll revive a suggestion from the last user interface change: Southwest needs to add a "What happened to my 'What happened to my awards?' button?" button.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 11:21 am

Programs: WN A List Preferred and CP, AA, IHG Spire, Hertz #1 Gold 5*, Hilton Diamond, Enterprise Platinum
Originally Posted by NextTrip
Where is the RR Shopping Portal?
speaking of the portal, do any of you know how to make the system work that allows me to book travel using my points? the site doesn't seem to work, and hasn't for many weeks.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: WN A List Preferred and CP, AA, IHG Spire, Hertz #1 Gold 5*, Hilton Diamond, Enterprise Platinum
Originally Posted by nsx
I'll revive a suggestion from the last user interface change: Southwest needs to add a "What happened to my 'What happened to my awards?' button?" button.
^
Old Jun 19, 2015, 11:41 am

It looks like EBCI for upcoming flights is now indicated by this icon (apparently):

Very interesting the category for the column is "EXTRAS."
Old Jun 19, 2015, 12:31 pm

Not a big fan but at least it looks modern.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 12:46 pm

I'd prefer it worked better.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 12:38 am
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

Originally Posted by dlaue
Oh great! My 58 upcoming trips are now displayed on 29 (or 10, if I choose the "compact" display) pages.

On the old site, they occupied no more than 4 pages and could be printed out easily.
I empathize with you and your plight; what a mess to try to get a decent hard copy of upcoming reservations!

I just this evening looked at the upcoming trips page and it scared the bejeezus out of me. I have twelve reservations (some provisional due to trip plans not having been finalized while sales were active). Here is what I saw (click image for larger view):
6 Upcoming Trips
What happened to my other six reservations??

I finally figured out that the page means "6 Upcoming Named Trips." Apparently SWA doesn't realize that the Named Trips feature has been flawed from the start and that it became even more screwed up after it temporarily went away and was later restored.

When I click any of the tiles on the top row, I get taken to a detail page that has a dropdown letting me view details for three individual flights...the same three flights in each case!

The tile in the lower left contains one outbound and one inbound reservation, and is correct...but why does the top level page list the destination instead of the trip name? (Probably to hide the fact that on the just-retired version of this page, renaming a trip never affected the trip name displayed at the top level, only the trip name displayed on the detail page.

The tile in the middle bottom row contains six PNRs in its detail. (We have separate PNRs for each of two legs outbound and two returning, and two tentative alternate PNRs). It is almost correct.

The tile in the lower right contains one reservation that actually belongs with the previous tile, but it was booked in my name with an Award from my wife's account, which the trip name function can't handle.

I guess I shouldn't be amazed, but it's terribly frustrating that they rolled out this change without first fixing the underlynig badly screwed up trip name feature. This says to me (once again) that the people working on the site redesigns have no significant experience actually using southwest.com
Old Jun 20, 2015, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by joshua362
Well said. I just hate nonsense like this. Took me years to memorize the quirks of the last design. Why must they tax our brain like this for a place I might visit a few times in a week then not again for months...
Programmers gotta program and designers gotta design.

I used to have a computer business and this sort of thing drove me nuts. We'd have something that was 99% perfect. The 1% could be worked around. So what do the programmers do?

They remake the thing so that EVERYONE had to spend a week figuring out the new stuff. Incredible waste of time and efficiency for regular people, while the programmers congratulate themselves on their cleverness. Then they'd do it again a few weeks later.

It's part of why programmers rarely rise to run large enterprises. They have little judgment for this kind of thing.

Drove me bats.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 8:23 am

Programs: Southwest RR, Alaska Mileage Plan™
Noticed tis today when I went to OLCI. Took me a bit longer to find my place. ended up w/ A55 BP!

They need to set it up for both mobile & laptop/desktop. Allow you to switch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.