Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anyone Knows the Schedule of International Routes Available on May 14?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2015, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by Miami305
On hold for 1.5 hours before someone picked up...

It's all the booking issues everyone is having this morning.
Yep, up to 135 minutes for me. Woo.
Old May 14, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
For what it's worth they just posted a notice acknowledging technical problems with booking international after Oct. 30.
Old May 14, 2015, 9:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by alggag
For what it's worth they just posted a notice acknowledging technical problems with booking international after Oct. 30.
Yup. Homepage now states:

SYSTEM ALERT:We're currently experiencing technical difficulties with booking international travel past October 30, 2015. We hope to have this resolved shortly. Please try booking again at a later time. Thank you for your patience.
Old May 14, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Domestic seems okay, except some confirmation emails not coming edit: coming late

Last edited by slickvik; May 14, 2015 at 10:13 am
Old May 14, 2015, 9:57 am

I am unable to add a companion this morning for flights in the extended schedule...

I get the oops undefined error message...anyone else have this problem?
Old May 14, 2015, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by pvan
I am unable to add a companion this morning for flights in the extended schedule...

Yep. I was able to book a flight to Cabo but the points haven't been deducted from my account yet and I can't add my companion either. I'm sure it will be resolved shortly.
Old May 14, 2015, 10:05 am

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by pvan

Yes. As is normally the case whenever they do a schedule update, the entire SWA IT System(s) is/are "experiencing technical difficulties".

One has to wonder if it isn't expensive for the company and painful for the IT staff to have to undergo surgery to have half of their brains removed as a part of the IT hiring process.
Old May 14, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Let's keep this thread updated so we know when booking is available again
Old May 14, 2015, 10:22 am

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by slickvik
Let's keep this thread updated so we know when booking is available again
The general story seems to be that domestic booking is "working", albeit slow and periodically doing strange things. CP add-ons normally take a bit on a good day and are reported as either not working or not available this morning.

As of 1110am CDT, the below is still on the SWA home page:

SYSTEM ALERT: We're currently experiencing technical difficulties with booking international travel. We hope to have this resolved shortly. Please try booking again at a later time. Thank you for your patience.

With International being handled on a separate platform and the new announcements of HOU Intl service plus whatever ever else is changing, combined with the extension overlapping two major holiday periods, will likely take a bit (or two bits) for things to settle out. I would imagine the panicked infrequent fliers melting the phones down probably aren't helping.
Old May 14, 2015, 10:35 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Gold
I keep getting this error: "Please re-enter a valid Rapid RewardsŪ number in order to proceed. (1305)"
Old May 14, 2015, 10:41 am

Programs: AA Plat, WN CP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, Club Carlson Gold
I was finally able to get two tickets booked to BZE over thanksgiving (both booked as one-ways) after hours of trying, still no luck in adding companion to the reservations yet. I know there are new routes and international bookings are on a different system, but their whole international IT has been one giant cluster%*&# over the last year, a huge headache every time I try to book or add a companion. Hopefully they can put some of those record profits from low oil prices back into upgrading their IT system before the next schedule release.
Old May 14, 2015, 10:42 am
Original Poster

I successfully booked AUS-CUN on Nov 26 with points; I didn't have issues about 10 minutes ago.

Point prices for the return leg on Nov 29 are SKY HIGH (only AA tickets)... I'll monitor prices & most likely book the return leg with cash.
Old May 14, 2015, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OKCtraveler
I was finally able to get two tickets booked to BZE over thanksgiving (both booked as one-ways) after hours of trying, still no luck in adding companion to the reservations yet. I know there are new routes and international bookings are on a different system, but their whole international IT has been one giant cluster%*&# over the last year, a huge headache every time I try to book or add a companion. Hopefully they can put some of those record profits from low oil prices back into upgrading their IT system before the next schedule release.
What prices did you pay? They seemed sky high to me
Old May 14, 2015, 11:28 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by superflush
I keep getting this error: "Please re-enter a valid Rapid RewardsŪ number in order to proceed. (1305)"
Yep. Been this way since the schedule was opened up this morning.

I had to make a reservation through the phone, and even the agent had to do some sort of a non-routine booking process to get it squared away.

Also, she indicated that companion pass bookings are down for international travel through their system.
Old May 14, 2015, 11:30 am

There's not really a risk with the Companion tickets at this point - the entire flight isn't going to sell out this week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.