Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WiFi Question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2015, 3:30 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
'Course, one could have a device that does WiFi-as-WAN and NAT and redistribute WN WiFi via a personal SSID to all his (and his travel companions') devices as well once the first login is validated. ... or something like that
Old Jan 12, 2015, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
'Course, one could have a device that does WiFi-as-WAN and NAT and redistribute WN WiFi via a personal SSID to all his (and his travel companions') devices as well once the first login is validated. ... or something like that
That or Mac makes it pretty easy to share wifi connection via ethernet. Plane LAN party!
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
Originally Posted by unfrequent_flyer
That or Mac makes it pretty easy to share wifi connection via ethernet. Plane LAN party!
Wouldn't that "network" be running at about 3 Baud?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:15 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Wouldn't that "network" be running at about 3[bps]?
It's enough for my party to all have basic web surfing and E-mail, which is usually all the WN WiFi is good for. That being said, I was able to watch significant parts of the NFC Championship game a couple of years ago via my Slingbox, and I've seen bursts of up to ~300KByte/sec.

(But that device also serves movies on the private LAN side, so most of my time aboard is doing that.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.