Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Stunningly positive web site change re: Award seat searches

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stunningly positive web site change re: Award seat searches

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2013, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
Totally weird occurrence last evening.

I was looking to book a flight with awards. Logged into my account (no awards) date shows no awards available. Log into my wife's account (2 awards available) showed no awards available on date. Attempted to book flight anyway and it worked. Awards were available and I booked both of us without incident.
Confused. Using both accounts it showed no awards available on the date you wanted to fly. How did you select a flight if there is no radio button? Or are you talking about the monthly calender showing no availability on the date? If the latter, the monthly calendar doesn't always show the most up-to-date availability for awards and prices for points/cash. It's always a pleasant surprise to find deals like that.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by qwertyasdfghzxcvbn
Confused. Using both accounts it showed no awards available on the date you wanted to fly. How did you select a flight if there is no radio button? Or are you talking about the monthly calender showing no availability on the date? If the latter, the monthly calendar doesn't always show the most up-to-date availability for awards and prices for points/cash. It's always a pleasant surprise to find deals like that.
Sorry I realize this was not a clear as it could have been. Let me try again.

Searching for Awards Flights I put in my cities and date.

The site told me there was no availability on my date and put up the little calendar thingy which also showed no awards for my date.

However if I hit the "Book Award" button and fill in my travel date and cities flights were available with the radio button on my date.

Once I got that page I was able to book as usual.

In other words the Search for Award availability was wrong.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 4:54 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
FYI - this still works as of today...
Old Jul 30, 2015, 8:26 pm

But it does not appear to work as of today.

Not to necro an old thread but does anyone have a link to check for Award travel when one does not currently have an Award?

I have a ticketed flight with an old Award that I would like to change, and I have no way to look up options prior to cancelling the flight.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:23 pm

I'm not in that situation and can't test it, but can you follow a "Change" option to see what's available, and not complete the change if you don't like what you see?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by Spektre
But it does not appear to work as of today.

Not to necro an old thread but does anyone have a link to check for Award travel when one does not currently have an Award?

I have a ticketed flight with an old Award that I would like to change, and I have no way to look up options prior to cancelling the flight.
I doubt it would work; but, what about the manage awards page?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:46 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by FindAWay
I doubt it would work; but, what about the manage awards page?
That does not work.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 7:52 am

Programs: UA 1.050MM, PersonalCar 0.275MM
Originally Posted by rove312
I'm not in that situation and can't test it, but can you follow a "Change" option to see what's available, and not complete the change if you don't like what you see?
I do this regularly to check on whether better-timed flights have opened up for reservations I've already made using an RR 1.x standard award certificate. Just checked that it still works for me.

Note that I do have additional unreserved RR 1.x standard award certificates and so I can't guarantee this will work for somebody who doesn't have any more certs, but it seems unlikely to me that this functionality would depend on there being additional unused certs.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 8:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by nsx
That does not work.
As I mentioned, I thought it unlikely. Any ideas on what might work for those who don't have at least 1/2 of an unexpired award?

If nothing works, maybe the following thread should be re-opened until next May?

Official Rapid Rewards Availability Check Request Thread
Old Jul 31, 2015, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by rove312
The Change options brings up a page stating the reservation has modifiers to it that do not permit its change online and that I would need to call Southwest for changes.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 7:02 am

Programs: UA 1.050MM, PersonalCar 0.275MM
The Change options brings up a page stating the reservation has modifiers to it that do not permit its change online and that I would need to call Southwest for changes.
Given the specifics of these circumstances, calling and having a phone rep change your existing flight to a new flight with availability and that is satisfactory to you may be your best option.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 10:44 am

So I'm not sure what they're doing, but I was trying to book flights for next week, and kept getting the "not enough funds" error. It happened whether I used a gift card or my credit card for the fees. I was finally able to book yesterday - I don't think I did anything differently, so I assume they're mucking about in the system.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 8:25 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by synergistic
So I'm not sure what they're doing, but I was trying to book flights for next week, and kept getting the "not enough funds" error. It happened whether I used a gift card or my credit card for the fees. I was finally able to book yesterday - I don't think I did anything differently, so I assume they're mucking about in the system.
I've gotten that error many times simply trying to pay the $5.60 on a points award with a valid credit card, sounds like a sloppy catch-all programming error message...
Old Sep 6, 2015, 8:56 am

So, I was wondering if a moderator could re-open the Southwest availability thread?

It is no longer possible to check for Certificate Award flight availability without an Award in your account. For anyone who has Certificate Award booked travel and wishes to make a change to the itinerary, this was be a good service until the last of the Certificates are gone.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 11:38 pm
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges
Original Poster

It is no longer possible to check for Certificate Award flight availability without an Award in your account.
Sorry, Spektre but that's not true at all. The key point from http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...-searches.html remains as valid as ever. In particular you should revisit:
Originally Posted by ftnoob
use this link, which will redirect to the advanced search link after switching the server to Award mode.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.