Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discussion of Chase RR Visa 40K-75K sigunup points offers -- NO REFERRALS!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Do not post referral offers or requests in this thread. All such posts will be deleted.

This thread is dedicated to Q&A about the Chase RR Visa signup bonus offers.

Post important Chase RR Visa news in the RR Visa News ONLY thread. (It will quickly get lost in this thread.)

Post or look for referral offers ONLY in the RR Visa referrals thread in the referrals thread of the credit card forum.

75,000 miles bonus for all Southwest Airlines personal credit cards.

40K + 20K personal Plus
offer:
$1,000 spend in three months for 40K. $11,000 more in 12 months for additional 20K. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

40K + 20K personal Premier offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $11,000 more in 12 months for additional 20K. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

70K Performance Business Card offer. $5,000 spend in three months. $199 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K personal Plus offer $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

40K personal Plus offer: $1,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

40K personal Premier offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K personal Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K Business Premier offer. $3,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K Plus offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K personal Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

60K Plus offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 07-July-2017

50K Plus offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 21-Apr-2017

40K Personal Plus offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $69 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K personal Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 21-Apr-2017

40K Personal Premier offer. $1,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year.

50K Business Premier offer. $2,000 spend in three months. $99 annual fee, not waived the first year. Still active 21-Apr-2017

There have been targeted offers of 50K & $100 credit, for example:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24575935-post2302.html

Frequently Asked Questions about Rapid Rewards Visa

1. What are the different card types?
non-business Plus, non-business Premier, business Plus, and business Premier.
Premier cards have a higher annual fee but give 6000 anniversary bonus points vs. 3000 points for the Plus cards. It is generally agreed that you will get the bonus for a new account if you have not had that particular type of RR Visa card before, but Chase appears to be in the process of changing their policies (see below).

Note that prior to RR-2.0, the two types of RR Visa cards were "Classic" ($29 to $39 annual fee) and "Signature" ($59 to $69 annual fee). Plus and Premier are new products for purposes of the (soon to be retired?) "One bonus per product" rule.

2. Is there a zero annual fee version?
No.

3. Can I "churn" these cards? How often can I reapply for the same type card and get the signup bonus?
The official rule has recently changed more than once. Closely check the T&C of your offer as different rules may apply to concurrently available offers. The Inflight offer linked above states:
This bonus offer is available to you as long as you have not received a new cardmember bonus for this product in the past twenty four months.
Referral offers have been seen with a limit of one individual and one business bonus per lifetime (although T&C read by the CSR taking the application differed from those printed on the referral offer).

Actual results sometimes differ from the official rule. People have reported receiving the bonus a second time on the same card type at various intervals even when the bonus was officially once per lifefime per product. Please post your results here.

As of mid-May 2015 Chase has cracked down on applicants who appear to have much less than average attachment to their cards. Specifically, more than 5 applications within the past 24 months is the approximate cutoff: Chase crackdown on churners: Please report your RR Visa approvals/denials here

4. Can I cancel the card and still collect the anniversary bonus?
Yes. Reasonable people disagree on whether this crosses the line of exploiting the card issuer. The anniversary bonus is described a reward for having been a cardmember for the past year, not as a reward for paying the next year's annual fee. Based on that description, the bonus has been earned even if you then cancel the card. As a practical matter, there is a window of only a couple weeks to accomplish this. The bonus points will post on the billing date of the statement containing your new annual fee, which will have posted earlier in the billing cycle. You have 30 days from posting of the annual fee to cancel the card and have the new fee refunded.

5. Does the annual fee count toward the spending threshold for the signup bonus?
No.

6. When will my signup bonus post to my Rapid Rewards account?
If you have met the spending threshold at least several days before your statement date, the bonus will normally post 2 days after your statement date, not when you actually spent the money! Cutting the timing or the spending amount too closely is not advisable. Mistakes can happen.

7. My statement shows sufficient purchases to meet the spending threshold. Why didn't I receive the bonus?
This can happen if you met the spending threshold just a few days before the statement date. It appears that accounts are flagged for meeting the spending threshold independently of the statement generation process and less frequently than daily.

8. How can I determine my statement date?
You should call Chase (phone number on back of card) to check your next statement date. Credit card companies are now required to have payments due on the same numerical day of each month, which means closing dates vary throughout the year. (Before reforms enacted after the financial crisis, RR Visa cards had constant closing dates rather than constant due dates.) The closing date should remain within the same small range unless you request a change of your payment due date. When you request a change, Chase normally can delay your next statement but cannot accelerate it. If you are unwisely taking the risk of cutting your timing too close, you should call Chase more than once to confirm your next statement date.

9. I accidentally crossed the spending threshold in December rather than January. Can I return a large purchase to bring my spending back below the threshold?
Unlikely. It appears that the sweep to check spending threshold does not un-flag an account previously flagged as meeting the threshold. It's not even clear whether the sweep counts returns at all. If you realize the error before the statement closes and you have a payment due date change available, you might be able to push the December closing date into January.

10. Can I apply for a credit card in my wife's name but my Rapid Rewards number, so that the points funnel into my account?
People have tried this. Some have succeeded. Others have reported that Chase closed the account and posted no Rapid Rewards points. Do you feel lucky? Programs can become very aggressive when they suspect members of defrauding the program by using non-matching names. When you game the system you are only on solid ground if you follow the rules to the letter. Breaking the rules means that the program can penalize you if they want to, and believe me: They want to.

11. Can I scam this system in any other way? I just had a clever idea.
There is nothing new under the sun here on FlyerTalk. If it relates to established program rules and it isn't discussed here you can be confident your idea will not work.
Print Wikipost

Discussion of Chase RR Visa 40K-75K sigunup points offers -- NO REFERRALS!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2014, 7:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Just wanted to add data points for anyone that may be interested. I applied for both the personal cards, premier and plus, 3 month apart. Approved for both and received the 50k points for both. I was a bit worried though b/c my second bonus took FOREVER to post to my SW acct even though I saw them on my statement. All my other point posts took 2 days after my statement closed, including weekend. This one took exactly 1 week.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20
Just wanted to add data points for anyone that may be interested. I applied for both the personal cards, premier and plus, 3 month apart. Approved for both and received the 50k points for both. I was a bit worried though b/c my second bonus took FOREVER to post to my SW acct even though I saw them on my statement. All my other point posts took 2 days after my statement closed, including weekend. This one took exactly 1 week.
Glad to see this data point - appreciate the post. About to earn the bonus on two personal cards this billing cycle, which probably makes it more riskier since it would be 2x50k at the same time... but we'll see.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by trouble747
Well that's a bummer. Does anyone have any recent experience with being approved for two southwest cards at the same time that they could share?
I applied for and was approved for both the Plus and Premier in the same day earlier this month.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:22 am

My closing date for my first cycle is changing everyday and it's getting really annoying. It's been as soon as 8/19 and as late as 9/8. Yesterday was 8/21 and today 8/26. I have no clue why they do this. Meanwhile, my other SW card approved and received on the same day closed the first cycle within a week of receiving it and because of this I missed getting the bonus on the first cycle - all spending charges were completed and I had 2k+ transactions transfer to SW but it wasn't completed early enough to have the bonus awarded.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Ops5
I must have miscalculated something...

Any suggestions out there on how I can pick up a measly 25 miles the fastest/cheapest way? My statement just closed/points posted and I'm that much short of my companion pass. Looking to book some flights shortly.
Whether you pick up those 25 points now or in the future, you'll have to wait for your statement closing date for the points to post to your SW RR account. Just be patient. You're earning their most valuable prize (worth many thousands of dollars depending on how/where you use it) without investing the time and dollars of taking flights.

One more month won't kill you.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by shanes17
Question for anyone who might know.

Say I get the card, then make a purchase for 2k, but then balance transfer over to another card before being hit with the interest for this purchase from Chase SW, would I still receive the 50k points?

TIA
In theory, yes; all that's happening is one bank (the bank you're transferring the balance to) is paying off the balance of the first card, just as if you paid it using your checking account.

The better question is: why are you transferring a balance in the first place? The way you play this game is by paying your card off in full. Never carry a balance.

Unless you've got some kind of balance transfer offer that is giving you bonus points for doing a transfer, which would be awesome. Then transfer it over (assuming they don't charge you any fees, which is unlikely) and pay it off immediately.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 10:02 am

just an FYI for everyone on this thread:

the points received from referral's DO COUNT towards Companion Pass Status.

it appears that no one, other than myself, on the internets is willing to share this information or accurately confirm it.

i now claim to be the first to confirm, with proof that these points do count toward companion pass status.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Amex Plat
I am going to end up several thousand points shy of A List Preferred this year (barring any unexpected uptick in my business travels). Thus, I have been contemplating signing up for one of the SWA Business cards (Plus or Premier - still undecided).

Would like a referral to get the 50k points assuming these bonus points will count towards my A List Preferred qualification (and with 50k possibly CP status). Anyone have a BUSINESS referral to share?
Old Aug 27, 2014, 5:36 am

Not sure if this has been previously mentioned, but the referral shared with me for a Plus card is "only for first-time Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Credit Card cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Credit Card cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer."
Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dkauf

Would like a referral to get the 50k points assuming these bonus points will count towards my A List Preferred qualification (and with 50k possibly CP status).
50K bonus does not count toward A-List. Does count for CP.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by topFlight76
Not sure if this has been previously mentioned, but the referral shared with me for a Plus card is "only for first-time Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Credit Card cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Credit Card cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer."
In this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...l#post23434264 it is being reported that Chase no longer allows bonuses for both United Business and Personal accounts.

Are there any reports whether this new rule is being applied to the Southwest Cards?
Old Aug 27, 2014, 9:59 pm

I want to verify the phone number to call on the offer I received in the mail for 50,000 sign up bonus points for SW Airline Premier Card. Sorry, but I always like to verify what I receive in the mail since things like SS number is given to apply. Has anyone else gotten this offer recently? The yearly fee is $99. If so, what toll free number is on your offer?
Thanks.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by Gem1934
Thanks for your input. I've read the posts and have followed this forum since last year. Some get burned and others don't. Definitely a risk. Best case scenario you get your cp, worst case you don't and messed up your only chance. Just debating on taking that risk. The timing has to be perfect and there is no wiggle room.

Any thoughts of them having another "promo" after September? They had a couple this year and I'm sure they will still have them next year. It seems to be when they feel like it. No real pattern that I can see?
I also was going to wait until October and/or later to try and get it going and finish the first week or so in January. However, reading your post, curious how do you come up with 103 days. I thought it was 90...if correct on the 103 days, I think it is very do-able (as long as our math is correct). Purchase $1800 the first couple months, pay in full and put the card away until January 1st. On the 1st head to the grocery store for a weeks worth of groceries and fill gas tank up. For me that would easily go over $200.

I'll be honest, because I didn't know it was 103 days (rather then 90) I haven't read any posts on how one can mess this up. Seems pretty straight forward, yes?...No?

I found this post looking for opinions on if the 50,000 will be offered again between October and December...
Old Aug 30, 2014, 7:33 pm

How do you vierify an offer is real?

I have received an offer in the mail and just can't verify it's legit. 50,000 miles. SW Airlines Chase Premier Card. Tried every way i know to see if this offer is real. Frustrated but not giving up.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 8:59 pm

New here but wanted to see if I can get a referral.

Dumb question maybe but the points dont have to be used on one person correct? I can book flights for my daughter with my points?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.