Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott GC Promo - Up to 12,000 RR Points

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2013, 10:17 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by anime333
How are y'all planning on liquidating these cards, other than by simply using them at a Marriot?
No "Plan B" here; I'm spending through my $1000 of gift cards in three weeks.

What I need is a way to hit this promo a second or even a third time. Has anyone found a way to get the bonus credited to the same RR account a second time?
Old Sep 6, 2013, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anime333
How are y'all planning on liquidating these cards, other than by simply using them at a Marriot?
Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
Is there another way?
Someone proposed another way here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ds-points.html
Old Sep 13, 2013, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
It's not new. People have been doing it. The only problem is that you can hardly sell Marriott GCs to sites for more than 83%. In the end it might still be a profit (when you factor in the value of miles and points) but I don't know if it's worth the effort.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 4:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Has anyone had any success in getting a second round of 12K points for themselves? I have already got 12K points for myself and my spouse.

Originally Posted by virtuo0
Second round for myself. Same name, same CC, same Southwest account.

I am thinking $1000 limit is per transaction.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

scammed for shipping

According to the T&Cs:
$1 shipping option available to U.S. addresses only for orders less than $1,000 USD.
Not true!

I bought 4 $100 cards a few weeks ago, and was charged $1 shipping.

Then yesterday (last day of the promo), after my credit card cycled that day (so I get an extra month to pay ), I went to buy 6 more $100 cards. It comes up saying the only option is $9 shipping.

The only way I could figure out to get $1 shipping was to break it up into two orders (which meant it was $2 shipping total).

So apparently it's not related to just the order amount but actually to the number of cards as well.

FWIW, I find it much less of a hassle to redeem Marriott gift cards in full, even if it doesn't cover 100% of my stay, than to use on card over multiple stays. Hotels seem to process "use all $100" a lot faster than oddball amounts (when you have some left over on one card but need to get the rest from another card). That's because they can't key in "use all" as an option, they have to separately query how much is left on the card and then manually enter exactly that amount. (While if you're using up a $100 gift card the first time you use it, they just type 10000 and they're done.) So that's why I wanted separate smaller gift cards (even though I'm keeping them all to use myself).
Old Oct 1, 2013, 11:08 am
Suspended

Programs: WN~A List Pref, CP, Hyatt-Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ANT~a Dave Matthews Addiction thing
THIS is my favorite promo of all time
Bought 11k in GC. Received 132k WN points

Sold all 11 k GC for 890$ per 1000. Call it 9750 after shipping

For 1250$. Received 132k pts. (Which I for sure always need/use) And 66k Hilton points. Manufacturing at its best....
Old Aug 8, 2014, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by antinseattle
THIS is my favorite promo of all time
Bought 11k in GC. Received 132k WN points

Sold all 11 k GC for 890$ per 1000. Call it 9750 after shipping

For 1250$. Received 132k pts. (Which I for sure always need/use) And 66k Hilton points. Manufacturing at its best....

Anyone seen this promo come up for 2014 yet????? I have been looking since I will be a bit short for my CP for 2015.

And to the above poster....how did you pull this off when it appears they max you out at 12,000 points per rapid rewards number?
Old Aug 8, 2014, 1:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: WN~A List Pref, CP, Hyatt-Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ANT~a Dave Matthews Addiction thing
Originally Posted by mdurette
Anyone seen this promo come up for 2014 yet????? I have been looking since I will be a bit short for my CP for 2015.

And to the above poster....how did you pull this off when it appears they max you out at 12,000 points per rapid rewards number?
It was on 10 different accts. Family/friends RR , posted 2x on mine 24,000 even though it said max 12,000. But family all shares RR points

I probably would only do this 1x if it came back. With the devalue of points.

Have not seen a promo like this recently
Old Sep 25, 2014, 11:50 am

Programs: AirTran A+ Elite, Marriott Rewards Plat, Rapid Rewards A List, National Exec, USAir Div Mil
Anyone seen this promo come up for 2014 yet?????
I was just checking myself - my receipt from 2013 was dated 9/26/13 so it's already overdue if they're doing it at all.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Keep in mind that at the time of this promo last year, Marriott GCs were also available at retail (such as grocery stores). Since then, Marriott pulled its GCs out of all retail channels:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...r-staples.html

So maybe they stopped offering them to online partners as well (such as Southwest)?

Last edited by sdsearch; Sep 25, 2014 at 12:54 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.