Community
Wiki Posts
Search

southwest early bird boarding is a sham

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2011, 11:20 am

Flew last week SFO-ALB with bf for a funeral, booked 2 days out and got A1/A2 boarding, worth it for me, I love you bulkhead seats. Kinda hilarious as both time the boarding agent had to chase me down the jetway to tell the flight attendants general boarding started, bf said both times the other passengers snickered with 'Guess she's not really Business Elite'.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 8:02 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Originally Posted by dalekette
Flew last week SFO-ALB with bf for a funeral, booked 2 days out and got A1/A2 boarding, worth it for me, I love you bulkhead seats. Kinda hilarious as both time the boarding agent had to chase me down the jetway to tell the flight attendants general boarding started, bf said both times the other passengers snickered with 'Guess she's not really Business Elite'.
If you bought a ticket two days out chances are you paid for a Business Elite ticket.Business Elite fares guarantee you a boarding place of A1-A15. This is different than buying Early Bird. Of course, I suppose you could have bought Business Elite and then paid for Early Bird on top of that, but it would be redundant.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 8:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MoreMilesPlease
If you bought a ticket two days out chances are you paid for a Business Elite ticket.Business Elite fares guarantee you a boarding place of A1-A15. This is different than buying Early Bird. Of course, I suppose you could have bought Business Elite and then paid for Early Bird on top of that, but it would be redundant.
Don't we mean "Business Select"?
Old Aug 8, 2011, 8:43 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pinworm
Don't we mean "Business Select"?
No, must mean Business Elite. Business Select would have foregone Row 1 and headed straight for Row 11.

Actually, that is not true. I am amazed by the BS passengers that plop in the 1st available aisle seat. Now, A-16 and those folks immediately behind? Row 11 all the way if they can.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 8:08 am

I flew NY to SAT and back the first week of July. Early boarding got me entrance between A18 and A 28. ( four flights, forget exact numbers) On the last leg--I knew the flight was full and the FA was standing at the emergency exit seats ( the good ones, the one with the row in front that doesn't go back) The man in front of me questioned and he was told the seats were saved! I questioned for whom and was told for continuing passengers--one in the bathroom and the other had deplaned. I plopped myself in the middle. If it is a full flight someone has to sit there and I figured it might as well be me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.