Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Official Virgin America and jetBlue fare sale thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Virgin America and jetBlue fare sale thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2013, 12:39 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by ursine1
No change fees for Elevate Gold.
That would make a difference if VX served OAK. I expect them to run out of investors' money before they become profitable, but I hope I'm wrong.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K | MR Platinum
Woah, this is cool. Didn't realize Virgin would match status for CP holders. I wanted to hit up LAS in June, this is the perfect excuse to try the VX product.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 2:51 pm

Update: I applied to Virgin for the status match and sent a scan of my companion pass card, and I received an email message today that it was approved. Elevate Gold (highest elite level) through June 30, 2013 (with extension challenge).

Old May 7, 2013, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Just got an email from Travelzoo announcing a 3-day Virgin sale, ending Thursday at midnight Central. Here is the info:

CHICAGO--MAY 07, 2013-- For 72 hours, Virgin America is cutting nonstop California fares from Chicago to $129 each way for fall travel. This is the first time the airline has discounted fares into November.

These sale fares are valid for flights to Los Angeles and San Francisco and are available most Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays, Sept. 10 - Nov. 20. Surrounding dates start at $20 more each way.

The sale ends at 11:59 p.m. CT Thursday.

Note: When booking, enter your exact dates and reference the nonstop routes below the scroll bar for the sale fares. In test booking we found fares listed in the scroll bar to appear higher on certain dates.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 11:22 am
nsx
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Virgin America has a 2-day sale, with west coast routes at $49 to $59. Southwest appears to be matching these prices.

All Main Cabin fares are one-way and require a 21-day advance purchase. Travel must occur between March 25, 2014 and June 12, 2014. Tickets must be purchased by 11:59pm CT Wednesday, March 5, 2014. Black out period is April 17, 2014 through April 21, 2014. Lowest sale fares are available only on certain itineraries. Lowest sale fares are only valid for travel on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays. Seats are limited, subject to availability, and may not be available on all flights. Flights may not operate daily. Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. For travel solely between points in the Western Region (LAS/LAX/PDX/PSP/PVR/SAN/SEA/SFO/SJC/SJD only) changes or cancellations can be made for a $75 fee per guest through all channels, plus any increase in fare, if applicable. For all other itineraries, changes or cancellations can be made for a $150 fee per guest through all channels, plus any increase in fare, if applicable.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 1:00 pm
nsx
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

2-day sale on Virgin America for its new LUV field Dallas service. $79 to SFO, LAX, DCA, and LGA!!

Presumably Southwest will match these fares, but VX has a much nicer in-flight experience. For one thing, your knees fit.

Edited to add: Southwest has undercut the VX fares by several dollars over a longer time frame, starting September 9. Now that's what I like see in a fare war: calling and raising.

Last edited by nsx; Apr 25, 2014 at 1:08 pm
Old May 20, 2014, 11:22 am
nsx
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

JetBlue has a 2-day sale today and tomorrow. No sign of a match by Southwest, but I expect to see that later today.
Old May 20, 2014, 11:30 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards/AAdvantage
Originally Posted by nsx
2-day sale on Virgin America for its new LUV field Dallas service. $79 to SFO, LAX, DCA, and LGA!!

Presumably Southwest will match these fares, but VX has a much nicer in-flight experience. For one thing, your knees fit.

Edited to add: Southwest has undercut the VX fares by several dollars over a longer time frame, starting September 9. Now that's what I like see in a fare war: calling and raising.
Too bad VX is not flying DAL-LAS non stop
Old May 20, 2014, 12:03 pm

My problem with Jet Blue and Virgin America is they don't go places I need to go.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 7:21 am
nsx
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Once again JetBlue is the middle of a 2-day sale and Southwest has not matched those fares.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 10:10 am

Programs: WN 3 Million Miler, MR Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, AA Silver, United never again
Virgin America 8 Hour Sale by July 2 5 pm PST

Flights advertised as "from $47". From DAL they are from $117. T&C below:

Terms and Conditions

* All Main Cabin fares are one-way and require a 21-day advance purchase. Tickets must be purchased by 4:59 PM PT on Wednesday, July 2, 2014. Travel must occur between September 3, 2014 and February 11, 2015. Travel for DAL-SFO, DAL-LAX, and DAL-DCA must occur between October 13, 2014 and February 11, 2015. Travel for DAL-LGA must occur between October 28, 2014 and February 11, 2015. Travel for PHL-SFO and PHL-LAX must complete by October 6, 2014. Lowest sale fares are available only on certain itineraries. Lowest sale fares are only valid for travel on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday. Blackout dates for 2014 include October 11th, 13th, November 10th, 11th, 21st- 30th, and December 19th- 31st. Blackout dates for 2015 include January 1st-4th and the 19th. Seats are limited, subject to availability, and may not be available on all flights.

Flights may not operate daily. Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. For travel solely between points in the Western Region (LAS/LAX/PDX/PSP/PVR/SAN/SEA/SFO/SJD only) changes or cancellations can be made for a $75 fee per guest through all channels, plus any increase in fare, if applicable. For all other itineraries, changes or cancellations can be made for a $150 fee per guest through all channels, plus any increase in fare, if applicable. Any remaining balance will be placed in a guest’s travel bank, good for travel on Virgin America for one year from date of issue. Changes or cancellations of a booking made with Elevate Points will be subject to a $100 redeposit fee per guest. Guests who no-show without a change or cancellation prior to the scheduled departure time will forfeit the amount of this fare. In addition, any future flights booked in the same reservation will also be canceled and the fare will be forfeited.

Tickets purchased from Virgin America through our reservation call center will cost an additional $20 per guest per itinerary. Any added cost associated with purchasing tickets from Virgin America through our reservation call center will be non-refundable. Fares will not be honored retroactively or in exchange for any wholly or partially used ticket. Fares, routes, fees and schedules are subject to change without notice. Virgin America will accept up to ten pieces of checked baggage, up to 50 pounds each, per ticketed guest traveling within the U.S. The fee for each piece of checked baggage up to 50 pounds is $25. Additional fees apply to baggage exceeding these weight limitations, and other baggage restrictions may apply.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 10:16 am

Programs: WN 3 Million Miler, MR Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, AA Silver, United never again
Wonder if WN will respond to a fare sale this short, even if it includes DAL?
Old Jul 2, 2014, 4:38 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List Pref, HH Gold, Marriott LT PP
Mods may want to merge this thread with the Official Virgin America and jetBlue fare sale thread
Old Jul 29, 2014, 10:56 am
nsx
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

JetBlue has $49 fares LGB to SFO and OAK today and tomorrow:

http://www.jetblue.com/deals/get-the-fall-rolling/

Southwest has not matched. I doubt they will, given that this fare includes the $5.60 security fee.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:39 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List Pref, HH Gold, Marriott LT PP
10% off VX fares with Marriott Promo Code

Not a sale but instead a promo on VX. Marriott teaming up with VX to offer 10% off flights for travel 9/3/14 to 2/11/15 (Blackout dates apply). Maybe good to take a look if you are comparing WN & VX fares for any upcoming travel during this time. Hope this helps someone!

Promo code: Marriott10

Booking Window Expires: 8/2/2014 at 10AM PDT

Link to full Ts&Cs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.