Wiki Posts
Search

Boca or Ft Lauderdale

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2002, 12:27 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Boca or Ft Lauderdale

Any suggestions for resaurants in this area?

Thanks!
Old May 15, 2002, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We were just in the area and used the on line Zagat guide. I felt the reviews were very accurate, and the on-line sorting allowed finding restaurants relatively close to where we were staying.
Old May 15, 2002, 6:44 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
no suggestions for diner, but for lunch, have a cuban sandwich (one of the best sandwiches ever!).
Old Sep 9, 2002, 8:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Sweet Willie:
no suggestions for diner, but for lunch, have a cuban sandwich (one of the best sandwiches ever!).</font>
Any restaurant names, or even locations, you can recall in FLL?

EDIT: Oh, and any good barbecue thereabouts?

[This message has been edited by anonplz (edited 09-09-2002).]
Old Sep 16, 2002, 12:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Fish and Chips at the Bar Amici on East Las Olas is very good! Service was, as well.
Old Sep 18, 2002, 5:51 pm
Pam

Oh YES! Cap's Place at Lighthouse Point. You park across a canal from the restaurant and they come to get you in a little boat. They have a newer boat now, but the one they used to use looked like it came straight from an old Humphrey Bogart movie.

They are far fancier now than they were 20 years ago; they take reservations now, and you have more than one choice of salad dressing. They even have SAUCES for their fish (gasp), but they are still the best place in town in my opinion.

Guess I should say that it's mostly seafood, with some steaks.

There's a Bobby Rubino on US1 still, I think. They have great ribs, or they used to.

[This message has been edited by Pam (edited 09-18-2002).]
Old Sep 19, 2002, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Delray beach is close to Boca.

32 east
splendid blendid
da da

Old Sep 20, 2002, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
There are quite a few outstanding restaurants in the Fort Lauderdale area. You can start with Marks Las Olas, serving new Florida cuisine. Then you can try Eduardo de San Angel for upscale Mexican, Armadillo grill for Southwestern, Hobo's Fish Joint which is way out west in Coral Springs (or maybe Tamarac), and Chef Allen's, another Florida style place, which is twenty minutes down the road in North Dade.
In Boca Raton, I like Z's in the Boca Center
and another Mark's in Mizner Park. All of the above would probably be considered moderately to very expensive.
Top atmosphere in the area along with moderate prices goes to Sugar Reef on the Hollywood Broadwalk, which is open to the ocean serving a French-Caribbean menu with a great wine list.
Just my opinions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.