Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

Cheap Business travel out of Charlotte???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2002, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Hello all!!!

I'm a board newbie and also a new business owner. In my past life my company always paid full fare out of Charlotte so cost was not a big beal to me. Now that I am paying the bill it's a different story!!!!

Is there any way to beat the USairway lock on Charlotte or am I doomed to drive to Atlanta or Greensboro to fly anywhere for less than $1,000 per trip??

Thanks for the help

Kyle
Old Apr 15, 2002, 1:56 pm

Location: Texas AA EXP 4.5 mm, United Gold, Marriott Plt, Hilton Diamond
everyone I know drives to Greensboro, because of the expense associated with CLT.......

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.....

------------------
AA member since 1981
Old Apr 15, 2002, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Very recent conversation in US-Land:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum51/HTML/002497.html
Old Sep 19, 2002, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott, Starwood, et al
Also consider Greenville-Spartanburg (about 60-70 miles SW on I-85). DL and US probably still have the most flights, but I think it is also served by UA, AA, CO, and NW. Thus, there is a higher level of competition than at CLT where US dominates. However, many of the carriers have substituted regional jets for full jets. And there are still a number of prop plane flights, so be aware if the equip. matters.

[This message has been edited by TRRed (edited 09-19-2002).]
Old Sep 19, 2002, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Search the Delta and Continental boards for Cigarman. He flies out of CLT more than anybody else on the boards and can likely give you more than a few pointers if you send him an e-mail. Just don't mention that I sent you.

[This message has been edited by monitor (edited 09-19-2002).]
Old Sep 21, 2002, 1:31 pm

I live about 40 miles north of Charlotte and fly every week. Not only are most flights cheaper out of Greensboro, it's a smaller terminal so there's less walking and usually I can park close enough that I don't even need to ride the shuttle from the parking lot to the terminal. Only thing I don't like about Greensboro is is small selection of restaurants in the terminal.
Old Sep 23, 2002, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I fly out of GSO, CLT and RDU. GSO is not bad. The parking is excellent and cheap. There is a Marriott right on the grounds so you can stay overnight there for an early a.m. flight if you'd like. The worst part of GSO is the security...terrible, terrible, terrible! The worst I've seen in the country.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.