Search

Athens, Georgia hotels

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2002, 7:23 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Athens, Georgia hotels

Has anyone stayed at the Foundry Park Inn or the Hampton Inn in Athens, Georgia?

Last time we went, we stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott, which was fine with me when we booked it since it was most convenient to where we were going, so my boss wanted to stay there. After staying there once, I'd like to avoid it, I think the hotel is more on par with a Fairfield Inn and I was not very impressed with it at all.

So, my next choice would be the Hampton Inn, especially since I have 250,000 points worth of Hilton stays booked in the next few months, I could use the points (that's not a typo ... 1 GLON in London and 1 GLONP in Key West ... 250,000 points, of which I currently only have 35,000 in my HHonors account!). However, looking at Expedia, there's another hotel that looks pretty nice and is downtown, the Foundry Park Inn ... it even has high speed internet access.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has experience with either of these two hotels I'm considering ... I'm kind of worried about the Hampton Inn, in that it may be an older property, so right now I'm leaning towards the Foundry Park Inn.
Old Aug 26, 2002, 2:18 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Thanks everyone for your help

Seriously, just in case anyone should ever come across this thread in the future ... I would definitely recommend the Foundry Park Inn. The rooms are nicely appointed, though it does look like they cut a few corners here and there, but most importantly the beds are great, they are obviously a rip-off of the Westin Heavanly Bed ... very nice.

Also, they have free wireless high-speed internet access ... not sure if they have cards to lend or not to use it since I had my own anyway, but it's a nice touch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.