Wiki Posts
Search

Hurricane Ida Disruptions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2021, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by DELee
A week later...

2) Are things getting better - worse - the same - in Ira affected areas?
Well, we have power back in New Orleans. There are still a few food and gas shortages. Very little debris, tree or otherwise, has been cleaned up off the streets, and the city has a truly epic crisis of uncollected trash (some dating well before August 29).

I think some power is back on in the bayou/river parishes, but the staggering crisis there continues, as more or less every structure in the area sustained at least some damage, and mud from flooding is still coating the ground in many places. Habitable housing is short supply, as is food, water, etc. A lot of work is being done there, but the damage was monumental, and it's going to take months to years to fix things, if they ever get fixed.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
I got my third trash pickup today (just the cart), but I know some homes here in NOLA are still waiting for their first.

And yeah, whatever headaches we have here in the city, things are so much worse upriver and down towards the coast.
pbiflyer likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by swag
I got my third trash pickup today (just the cart), but I know some homes here in NOLA are still waiting for their first.

And yeah, whatever headaches we have here in the city, things are so much worse upriver and down towards the coast.

thanks got posting!

any updates?

good luck!
Old Oct 9, 2021, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by beachfan
thanks got posting!

any updates?

good luck!
Trash pickup has been intermittent, and a lot of storm debris is still out on curbs in the neighborhoods. But that won't affect most tourism visits.

This weekend was supposed to be the start of the rescheduled Jazzfest, and while that got Covid-cancelled, a lot of the club shows are still happening. For the most part, the city is ready for visitors.
pbiflyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.