Community
Wiki Posts
Search

International Layover Time in ATL

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2021, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

International Layover Time in ATL

I'm flying domestic into ATL at 1800 on Friday and I have a connection to AMS that takes off at 2000. I haven't flown internationally since COVID and have never flown international from ATL. Does anybody know if 2 hours is likely enough time to get through the international security checkpoint these days?
Thanks for the help.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 1:30 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Assuming that both flights are on the same ticket and that your luggage is checked through to AMS (or if you have only carry-on bags), the minimum domestic to international connection time at ATL is 40-50 minutes.

Take a look at this thread in the Delta forum:
Old Oct 19, 2021, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TWA884
Assuming that both flights are on the same ticket and that your luggage is checked through to AMS (or if you have only carry-on bags), the minimum domestic to international connection time at ATL is 40-50 minutes.
Sounds like 2 hours is a safe bet then, I just wasn't sure about changes during the COVID era. Thanks for the link, I used the search before posting but didn't find that thread, must've used bad search terms.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 11:42 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the link. Two hours seems like a safe time then, I wasn't sure how things changed during the COVID era.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.