Search

Nearly 4 Hours @ ATL

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
Nearly 4 Hours @ ATL

So, DL had a schedule change leaving me with a nearly 4 hour connection. A "too short" connection is available, but I'm not going to take it, especially with delightful summer Southeast weather, and the first segment having a 60% on time rate. I'm in F, but segment one will be a snack basket, and segment two (to SFO) is now quite late and will also likely be a snack basket. I have SC access as well as a Priority Pass. I've probably been in 4 or so of the various SCs over the years, but wouldn't be able to tell you one from the other, except for the F concourse lounge.

1) What SC would be the best one to spend the most time in? Are the foodstuffs the same in all of them?
2) The Club (in F) is decent--ish, but in my limited experience has been very crowded in the late afternoon. Any idea at what hour it thins out?
3) If I decide I want to buy some fd to bring on board, any suggestions on what to get? Ideally something that doesn't start out hot and won't keep well by the time I'm eating onboard.

Mahalo
Old Aug 8, 2018, 3:46 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I have found crowding is hit or miss in The Club. Found no rhyme or reason.... I just go and stake out a place with a working outlet!

Make sure you upset your seatmates.... get Popeye's Chicken to take on the plane!
Old Aug 11, 2018, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wharvey
I have found crowding is hit or miss in The Club. Found no rhyme or reason.... I just go and stake out a place with a working outlet!

Make sure you upset your seatmates.... get Popeye's Chicken to take on the plane!
Um yah, I'll upset myself, too, when I eat cold greasy chicken at the start of 5 hours in the metal tube. Next suggestion!
Old Aug 17, 2018, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Um yah, I'll upset myself, too, when I eat cold greasy chicken at the start of 5 hours in the metal tube. Next suggestion!
Given that you know when the earlier flight is, keep an eye on it - you still could make the connection and avoid the 4 hours at ATL. Are there ATL-OAK flights?

David
Old Aug 19, 2018, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DELee
Given that you know when the earlier flight is, keep an eye on it - you still could make the connection and avoid the 4 hours at ATL. Are there ATL-OAK flights?

David
(1) No
(2) It was yesterday. The ATL ground hold started while we were waiting for clearance @ JAX. We then went back to the gate, eventually arriving ATL 2 hours late. I was one of the few people on the plane not in a misconnect panic. I had time for a substantial snack and glass o' wine in the SC, and that was about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.