Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

Immigrations and Customs at BNA (Nashville)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2018, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond

Some good changes at BNA for Immigration and Customs. Just in time for British Airways flights from LHR to begin in May. I arrived from Cancun today and some of the changes were completed in the past month or so. I thought I would share my data point.

First of all, BNA now has Global Entry! Secondly, you no longer have to get your luggage and then recheck it, go through security, and then leave security and get it at the main baggage area. You now get your bags and follow a long corridor which takes you right to the street exit doors on the baggage level. This is a huge improvement. Any transfers would re-check bags and go through a security check to re-enter the secure part of the terminal.

The odd part: If you checked bags there was quite a wait to get them again. It seemed that bags didn't go on the carousel until pretty much everyone had cleared immigration. The plane had even left the gate to go back to the C terminal before we got our bags. This isn't a huge issue with a A319 AA from Cancun every Saturday (or the DL MD88), but when British Airways arrives in a 787(I think), that baggage area will become very crowded if they do not get the luggage out quicker.

Anyway, typical Nashville immigration and border patrol agents. Friendly, laughing with passengers, smiling, and gently reminding people to stay off their cell phones. Unfortunately, due to the weird wait for luggage, it took 45 minutes to get through.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 4:18 am

Programs: 2018: Delta Diamond Medallion, Hilton Honors Diamond
Interesting.....hopefully they’re just working out the kinks

for those interested, the new customs facilities and international gates are the first phase of the BNA expansion plan: BNA Vision
Old Jun 8, 2018, 8:04 am

K-1 Port of Entry

Hi everyone,

I understand that BNA has a new customs area. I have lived in Nashville all my life and this is so exciting!

My fiance is coming in next month to Nashville on the K-1 fiance visa. Does anyone know how this works in Nashville?

I saw online that CBP closes at 5, but his direct flight from London arrives at 6.

Looking for some advice and reassurance.

Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.