FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Immigrations and Customs at BNA (Nashville)
Old Mar 17, 2018, 5:02 pm
bitterproffit

Programs: HH Diamond
Immigrations and Customs at BNA (Nashville)

Some good changes at BNA for Immigration and Customs. Just in time for British Airways flights from LHR to begin in May. I arrived from Cancun today and some of the changes were completed in the past month or so. I thought I would share my data point.

First of all, BNA now has Global Entry! Secondly, you no longer have to get your luggage and then recheck it, go through security, and then leave security and get it at the main baggage area. You now get your bags and follow a long corridor which takes you right to the street exit doors on the baggage level. This is a huge improvement. Any transfers would re-check bags and go through a security check to re-enter the secure part of the terminal.

The odd part: If you checked bags there was quite a wait to get them again. It seemed that bags didn't go on the carousel until pretty much everyone had cleared immigration. The plane had even left the gate to go back to the C terminal before we got our bags. This isn't a huge issue with a A319 AA from Cancun every Saturday (or the DL MD88), but when British Airways arrives in a 787(I think), that baggage area will become very crowded if they do not get the luggage out quicker.

Anyway, typical Nashville immigration and border patrol agents. Friendly, laughing with passengers, smiling, and gently reminding people to stay off their cell phones. Unfortunately, due to the weird wait for luggage, it took 45 minutes to get through.