Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ground transportation from FLL to MIA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:56 am
Original Poster

ground transportation from FLL to MIA

headed to STT over summer and we land in FLL at 11 am and our flight to STT from MIA leaves at 6 pm. What is the best and cheapest way to transfer for two people? this is only for one way.

i know Taxi will cost 80-100 but is there shuttle that we can use that is cheaper? we have several hours to spare so not in a rush.

thanks,
Old Jan 28, 2015, 11:36 am

Try supershuttle.com
Old Jan 28, 2015, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Cheapest way is TriRail. Take the free shuttle from FLL to the TriRail Station. $5 per person. The car to your left will have an area to store luggage. The last station on the line is for the airport where you catch another free shuttle to MIA. Train schedule depends on day of week and time, but it's generally about once an hour and takes about 45 minutes. Very easy and cheap.

Last edited by wrp96; Apr 14, 2016 at 9:43 am
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wrp96
Cheapest way is TriRail. Take the free shuttle from FLL to the TriRail Station. $5 per person. The car to your left will have an area to store luggage. The last station on the line is for the airport where you catch another free shuttle to MIA. Train schedule depends on day of week and time, but it's generally about once an hour and takes about $45 minutes. Very easy and cheap.
seems easy and cheap ! so if i happen to be there earlier or right after the train left i may have to wait 45 minutes plus the wait time for the train.

its an option ! i like it. i'll check the supershuttle.com option as well.

thanks !

any other suggestions?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
http://www.tri-rail.com

You can look up the schedules here.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:45 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, WN A-List
Base rate on Uber is around $35 with no traffic.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by owflyer
Base rate on Uber is around $35 with no traffic.
not bad, good idea ! i never used uber, so its gonna depend on the time and day i fly in. good option .
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:50 am

Programs: IAMAW Local 368/HAL 2 Star Mariner
Uber is, most annoyingly, illegal in Broward County. While it may not be that way in Palm Beach or Miami - Dade, it is the case in FLL. I wouldn't take any chances myself.

Yellow Cab is awful.

-LPDAL
Old Mar 11, 2015, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LPDAL
Uber is, most annoyingly, illegal in Broward County. While it may not be that way in Palm Beach or Miami - Dade, it is the case in FLL. I wouldn't take any chances myself.

Yellow Cab is awful.

-LPDAL
really? wow who would have known ! thanks for the tip.
i guess i could still to the Rail - we have several hours in transit so might as well explore the rail.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 4:54 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jordandawg05
i guess i could still to the Rail - we have several hours in transit so might as well explore the rail.
More good news for you. Tri-Rail has been extended to the new MIA transport terminal. So there's no longer a need to wait for a bus shuttle between the last station and the airport. Now you would just exit at the Tri-Rail MIA station, and follow the signs to the Airport Mover -- which will take you to the terminals.
Here's the thread on the subject ->>
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/flori...l-station.html
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MaxVO
More good news for you. Tri-Rail has been extended to the new MIA transport terminal. So there's no longer a need to wait for a bus shuttle between the last station and the airport. Now you would just exit at the Tri-Rail MIA station, and follow the signs to the Airport Mover -- which will take you to the terminals.
Here's the thread on the subject ->>
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/flori...l-station.html
sweet, thank you !
Old Apr 27, 2015, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Do keep in mind that at the FLL end, you still must ride a (free) shuttle from the terminals to the Dania Beach Tri-Rail station (a couple of mile away). Shuttle schedules are generally timed to syc with train times, but it varies (check the shuttle schedules on the Tri-Rail website).

(The shuttles are needed because Tri-Rail runs on the existing CSX freight train tracks).
Old Apr 28, 2015, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Do keep in mind that at the FLL end, you still must ride a (free) shuttle from the terminals to the Dania Beach Tri-Rail station (a couple of mile away). Shuttle schedules are generally timed to syc with train times, but it varies (check the shuttle schedules on the Tri-Rail website).

(The shuttles are needed because Tri-Rail runs on the existing CSX freight train tracks).
I see, i guess i forgot about that part...so shuttle from FLL to Tri Rail and now the rail can drop us to MIA straight instead of taken another shuttle to MIA...
Old May 4, 2015, 8:53 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
This past Saturday I think I am scheduled to fly back into MIA (where my car is parked). I look at my BP and lo and behold its FLL. I checked my original reservation and yes its FLL (both the MIA and FLL flight on US leave CLT at the same exact time I had apparently clicked on the wrong flight). US won't change to MIA without a change fee of $200. I don't want to wait around for nearly two hours for the last Tri Rail train. I end up taking GoShuttle with a private car (but other paxs) for just $25 plus tip. The driver even dropped at my car at an off property parking lot allowing me to avoid waiting for a shuttle to my car. Very quick service, end up getting home only about 30 minutes later than planned.
Old May 4, 2015, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
This past Saturday I think I am scheduled to fly back into MIA (where my car is parked). I look at my BP and lo and behold its FLL. I checked my original reservation and yes its FLL (both the MIA and FLL flight on US leave CLT at the same exact time I had apparently clicked on the wrong flight). US won't change to MIA without a change fee of $200. I don't want to wait around for nearly two hours for the last Tri Rail train. I end up taking GoShuttle with a private car (but other paxs) for just $25 plus tip. The driver even dropped at my car at an off property parking lot allowing me to avoid waiting for a shuttle to my car. Very quick service, end up getting home only about 30 minutes later than planned.
Glad it worked out well!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.