ground transportation from FLL to MIA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ground transportation from FLL to MIA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2015, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA 2MillionMiler, BA ExecutiveClub, UA MileagePlus, AS MileagePlan
Uber stopped operating in Broward County recently. However, Lyft still operates. I would take Lyft before the train only because of the shuttle and the train schedule.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 6:10 pm

Programs: DL
Any suggestions on a car service from Port of Miami to FLL? There are 4 of us traveling.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 9:39 am

Programs: AA, LAN, HH, IHG
Originally Posted by jordandawg05
seems easy and cheap ! so if i happen to be there earlier or right after the train left i may have to wait 45 minutes plus the wait time for the train.

its an option ! i like it. i'll check the supershuttle.com option as well.

thanks !

any other suggestions?
Tri-Rail is the best & cheapest option; I use it all the time whenever I need to leave from MIA or FLL.
At FLL you will have to wait for the Tri-Rail shuttle bus (free) to take you to the Tri-rail station. Check the shuttle schedules here: http://www.tri-rail.com/shuttles/
Once you get to the MIA station, a tram/mover (runs continually) will take you inside the airport.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 10:44 pm

Programs: IAMAW Local 368/HAL 2 Star Mariner
Originally Posted by LOCommish
Any suggestions on a car service from Port of Miami to FLL? There are 4 of us traveling.
Yes, Tri-Rail.

No need for any more slow chauffeurs slowing down the 95 express lanes.

-LPDAL

Last edited by LPDAL; Apr 14, 2016 at 10:51 pm
Old Apr 16, 2016, 4:23 am

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by LPDAL
Yes, Tri-Rail.

-LPDAL
Your negativity for what brings South Florida the majority of our income is wondering.

Besides he was asking about transportation from the Port of Miami, which has no access to the Tri-rail as of now.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by LOCommish
There are many services out there depending on your budget. A car will not fit 4 people and luggage from a cruise. You may need a SUV like a Suburban or an Escalade. Execucar or Aventura Limousine are the more popular companies for this service.

You could also reserve an exclusive van, if you don't want to pay a premium for car service, from one of the airport shuttle companies like Supershuttle or any of the van companies legally working at the Port of Miami. Just Google "Port of Miami transportation", and you should see many different companies you can call for quotes.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by pc820
Try supershuttle.com
Old quote, I know...

Supershuttle requires a 24 hour paid advanced reservation. They are not the contracted shared-ride shuttle service by FLL and have a limited pick up points downstairs. GoShuttle are the on-demand service contracted by the airport and have kiosks you can walk up to and request service while paying cash.

The difference... GoShuttle drivers do not have a limited number of stops and won't leave the airport until the van is full-up to 10 people or has been waiting over 30 minutes from the first passenger loaded. Supershuttle sends the van in upon the guest calling in that they have claimed their luggage and are directed to the pickup point, usually 5-10 minutes. They have a maximum of 3-4 stops at one time, but most likely no more than 2 going in the same direction due to the demand at time of arrival.

Your choice based on the service you require....
Old Apr 16, 2016, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by teddybear99
Your negativity for what brings South Florida the majority of our income is wondering.
That's fine, I'm free to express my opinion on all forums and subforums within FlyerTalk as long as they comply with the TOS.

-LPDAL

Last edited by LPDAL; Apr 16, 2016 at 10:45 am
Old Apr 16, 2016, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by LPDAL
Yes, Tri-Rail.
I took Tri-Rail to MIA a couple of times and loved it. I had to ask a friend for a ride to the train station though, as there was no reasonable public transport option. The trains were relatively full, so I can't say that there's no demand for that service.

I would place the blame for the horrible traffic situation entirely on the city planners. They allow uncontrolled new construction with barely any change in the supporting infrastructure (including public transport). That's insanity that can't be blamed on the tourists, who are still willing to visit here in large numbers.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
I took Tri-Rail to MIA a couple of times and loved it. I had to ask a friend for a ride to the train station though, as there was no reasonable public transport option. The trains were relatively full, so I can't say that there's no demand for that service.

I would place the blame for the horrible traffic situation entirely on the city planners. They allow uncontrolled new construction with barely any change in the supporting infrastructure (including public transport). That's insanity that can't be blamed on the tourists, who are still willing to visit here in large numbers.
And it befuddles me why they still do. Okay, I can understand Orlando in Central Florida has many noteworthy attractions, but there isn't much to see here in South Florida. I always ask myself if anybody would care about this area if it too was covered in snow during a large chunk of the year, and the answer is that the weather is the only attraction in South Florida. Otherwise, we'd just be another forgotten rust belt metro like Cleveland or St. Louis.

I agree with you, it's not the problem of the tourists -- it's actually due to many problems that all combine into one gigantic issue. The express lanes were just another blunder in a series of many and have actually significantly increased accidents on 95 in both directions. I would know, because I drive FLL-MIA-FLL round trip 5 times a week to commute to work. If I came across a day when there was less than 5 accidents in either direction, I'd immediately pull off the highway and buy a lottery ticket.

-LPDAL
Old Apr 17, 2016, 6:25 am

Exclamation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqBB...ature=youtu.be

As we may know most accidents occur as a result of distracted driving. A company analyzed 20 minutes of traffic on I-95 and even though I can't see what they see, they say hundreds of drivers were driving distracted in this 20 minute video rolled down to 2 minutes.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 9:08 am

Believe it or not, I actually don't hate South Florida -- I actually very much enjoy living here, but at the same time, I decide to recognize that it has large flaws. Like any other element in life, South Florida has its big plusses and big minuses. None of these are totally, in part, because of the tourists. They may excarbate the issues, but they are at best a portion of the issue, and not the only cause.

I'm harsh on South Florida on this subforum because I personally believe that the traveling public expects and deserves to know the truth when they post a question, no matter how much it stings. Beating around the bush would never fly with me. [no pun intended] If the roles were reversed, say, if I wasn't from Fort Lauderdale and wanted to visit here, I would certainly hope that people would not advise me to drive MIA-FLL or FLL-MIA on i95. I say that as someone who drives that route roundtrip most days of the week for work.

-LPDAL
Old Apr 17, 2016, 11:11 am

Indeed, the south end of I95 (esp. between Miami and Palm Beach) is ranked the deadliest road in North America.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 5:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I used to commute between Coral Gables and FLL for a few months and 95 was a death trap. I ended up in a really bad accident and of course since it was multiple car my insurance rates went skyrocketing. South Florida, particularly below Boca suffers from horrible roads, horrible drivers and pathetic mass transit. The trail rail is great going between MIA and FLL, however, isn't good for late night arrivals on getting from the airport to somewhere else. I keep hoping I will eventually end up in a virtual job or one that is 100% travel in which I can move to the West Coast of FL. I'm getting told old for this LA style traffic and sprawl.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 7:33 pm

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by teddybear99
There are many services out there depending on your budget. A car will not fit 4 people and luggage from a cruise. You may need a SUV like a Suburban or an Escalade. Execucar or Aventura Limousine are the more popular companies for this service.

You could also reserve an exclusive van, if you don't want to pay a premium for car service, from one of the airport shuttle companies like Supershuttle or any of the van companies legally working at the Port of Miami. Just Google "Port of Miami transportation", and you should see many different companies you can call for quotes.
Thanks! Never a fan of shuttles so SUV it is. Checked out quite a few companies with some less than stellar recommendations. All booked now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.