Sud America - no fumar!!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2006, 11:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Me alegro muchisimo!
Old Dec 19, 2006, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I would prefer if governments around the world got the alcohol and drug problems sorted out first.
It would also be nice if the police caught all the rapists and murderers first, but given that they can't, they go after burglars and dangerous drivers anyhow.

The big difference between smoking and these is that I can sit next to someone who's been drinking without getting smashed, next to someone who's been snorting/etc. without getting high. When I'm near someone who's been smoking my clothes smell (I've been asked "who have you been next to?" more than once), my hair stinks, my throat gets sore and my eyes hurt. Find a way of smoking that you can really keep to yourself (no-smoking areas in restaurants, etc., work about as well as no-peeing areas in swimming pools, and it gets into your clothes even if you go off by yourself for the time the cigarette is actually in your mouth) and I might change my mind, but until then, don't lump smoking in with habits that affect only the person who has them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.