Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Point Grace resort Turks and Caicos

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2022, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by atojbk
right when we arrived (from ritz), i asked them to put some milk in the fridge for our kids as our room was not ready. never done, was literally sitting there for hours til my wife saw it. we had two rooms, when the room was ready, our luggage's were not even in the room. they said they cant deliver the luggage's unless you're in the room first which of course they mixed up.

bartender at the pool bar was great, the kitchen however was not. lots of times i ordered lunch, took about an hour to 1.5 hour. bartender is aware and frustrated with the situation.

i asked for a cab estimate to Sapodilla beach, person at the front desk said they didnt know, probably $20. Wrong, ended up being $150 RT.
When was your stay? I had a friend who went to beaches resort for a few days and they told me not only did the food take long, for the delay they said "hey it's island time man!"
Old Dec 15, 2022, 1:19 pm

thanksgiving week

Originally Posted by ForeverSteel
When was your stay? I had a friend who went to beaches resort for a few days and they told me not only did the food take long, for the delay they said "hey it's island time man!"
Old Jun 9, 2023, 11:47 am

We are planning to stay here with a child. Do the one bedroom suites have adequate room for a 3rd person?
Old Jun 10, 2023, 7:20 am

Arriving this afternoon. AMA if you have any questions.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by waitwhat2002
Arriving this afternoon. AMA if you have any questions.
What is the difference between the cottage and the pool view room? I am booked for a cottage but willing to change to pool view if it's better.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by ForeverSteel
What is the difference between the cottage and the pool view room? I am booked for a cottage but willing to change to pool view if it's better.
Not sure exactly, we’re in the pool view 1 bedroom suite. We have a balcony that has two loungers and a bench on it that directly over looks the pool.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 2:54 pm

Just returned from a 7 night stay. Overall, I'd give this a hotel a solid 4.5/5.

Pros: quiet, never felt full, no rowdy people, all respectful families and couples, great location (about .25 - .5 miles from the hub of Grace Bay), beautiful beach, beautiful property, I thought the rooms were great. The rooms were huge with a full kitchen, washer dryer, shower and bathtub, patio with a small table, set of chairs, a bench, and 2 loungers. The pool is small but nice. Wifi was great all over the resort. It worked sporadically at the beach but I have an older generation iPhone so may have just been me. The onsite restaurant Grace's Cottage is very good and one of the top ones on the island. We loved how you were always able to get a set of chairs at the beach or the pool no matter the time of day. I'd say there were only ever about 20-25 people staying at the hotel at one time, and the most I ever saw on the beach was about 15. There were typically about 5-7 sets of chairs/umbrellas set up at any time. If you look at any of the higher end hotels they'd have 3-4 rows deep of chairs on the beach so you'd never have a good view and it was always crowded.

Cons: the service is not great. The staff are all kind and helpful but they came around to check on you at the beach or pool maybe once per hour. I don't need to be waited on hand and and foot but I feel like it could've been a little more frequent. I don't think I ever had a single conversation with a staff member that wasn't about ordering a drink/food, getting a beach/pool chair set up, or something similar. Nobody ever asked where we were from or why we were visiting or anything you get to know you. Now, this doesn't sound like it was unique to this property. We talked to couples from several different high end resorts and they all had similar experiences. The drinks and food were also more expensive here than some of the other high end resorts. Not by much, maybe a few $, but still doesn't make since when higher end resorts charge lower prices for drinks and food. The breakfast is good but its the exact same thing except for one rotating dish every single day. I ate the exact same breakfast every day of the trip. It was good, but seems like there could be a bit more variety. Breakfast is also included if you get something from one of the hot trays that is set up or if you order eggs which was nice because some of the other breakfast places we tried were not great and expensive.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would not hesitate to stay here again. I booked my stay on points about a 11-12 months in advance and I think I paid around 35K per night. The Cash price at the time was around $800-$900 per night. I definitely wouldn't pay that much per night, but if it was available for $500-$600 I think I'd pay that.
atlion25 and atojbk like this.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 12:58 pm

Just returned from a 7 night stay. Overall, I'd give this a hotel a solid 4.5/5.

Pros: quiet, never felt full, no rowdy people, all respectful families and couples, great location (about .25 - .5 miles from the hub of Grace Bay), beautiful beach, beautiful property, I thought the rooms were great. The rooms were huge with a full kitchen, washer dryer, shower and bathtub, patio with a small table, set of chairs, a bench, and 2 loungers. The pool is small but nice. Wifi was great all over the resort. It worked sporadically at the beach but I have an older generation iPhone so may have just been me. The onsite restaurant Grace's Cottage is very good and one of the top ones on the island. We loved how you were always able to get a set of chairs at the beach or the pool no matter the time of day. I'd say there were only ever about 20-25 people staying at the hotel at one time, and the most I ever saw on the beach was about 15. There were typically about 5-7 sets of chairs/umbrellas set up at any time. If you look at any of the higher end hotels they'd have 3-4 rows deep of chairs on the beach so you'd never have a good view and it was always crowded.

Cons: the service is not great. The staff are all kind and helpful but they came around to check on you at the beach or pool maybe once per hour. I don't need to be waited on hand and and foot but I feel like it could've been a little more frequent. I don't think I ever had a single conversation with a staff member that wasn't about ordering a drink/food, getting a beach/pool chair set up, or something similar. Nobody ever asked where we were from or why we were visiting or anything you get to know you. Now, this doesn't sound like it was unique to this property. We talked to couples from several different high end resorts and they all had similar experiences. The drinks and food were also more expensive here than some of the other high end resorts. Not by much, maybe a few $, but still doesn't make since when higher end resorts charge lower prices for drinks and food. The breakfast is good but its the exact same thing except for one rotating dish every single day. I ate the exact same breakfast every day of the trip. It was good, but seems like there could be a bit more variety. Breakfast is also included if you get something from one of the hot trays that is set up or if you order eggs which was nice because some of the other breakfast places we tried were not great and expensive.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would not hesitate to stay here again. I booked my stay on points about a 11-12 months in advance and I think I paid around 35K per night. The Cash price at the time was around $800-$900 per night. I definitely wouldn't pay that much per night, but if it was available for $500-$600 I think I'd pay that.
would you mind sharing what transportation you used for airport and to get around?

Were there any hidden fees when staying with points?

So just to confirm, there are no umbrella or chair rantal fees?
Old Oct 30, 2023, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by sdfly
would you mind sharing what transportation you used for airport and to get around?

Were there any hidden fees when staying with points?

So just to confirm, there are no umbrella or chair rantal fees?
We rented a car from Grace Bay car rentals and would recommend them. The island doesn’t have Ubers and the taxis are shared vans that are expensive. Their facility is right out front from the airport exit. Just walk up the hill and they’re there. The hotel was bikes you can use. No hidden fees. When we checked out the bill was $0 because we always paid for our food and drinks right away. The breakfast is complimentary if you’re eating from the dishes they have out or just ordering eggs. There was a cost if you’re ordering anything more. No fees to use the chairs or umbrellas. We tipped the guys $5-$10 after they set up our chairs.
sdfly likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 3:03 pm

[QUOTE=waitwhat2002;35706075]We rented a car from Grace Bay car rentals and would recommend them. The island doesn’t have Ubers and the taxis are shared vans that are expensive. Their facility is right out front from the airport exit. Just walk up the hill and they’re there. The hotel was bikes you can use. No hidden fees. When we checked out the bill was $0 because we always paid for our food and drinks right away. The breakfast is complimentary if you’re eating from the dishes they have out or just ordering eggs. There was a cost if you’re ordering anything more. No fees to use the chairs or umbrellas. We tipped the guys $5-$10 after they set up our chairs.

Looking to book a room for 2 Adults and a 5 yr old. Is there an extra bed or somewhere for child to sleep? I read Hyatt points only cover 2 adults. Do you know the fee to add on child?
Old Nov 4, 2023, 3:10 pm

[QUOTE=kirkpd;35719562]
We rented a car from Grace Bay car rentals and would recommend them. The island doesn’t have Ubers and the taxis are shared vans that are expensive. Their facility is right out front from the airport exit. Just walk up the hill and they’re there. The hotel was bikes you can use. No hidden fees. When we checked out the bill was $0 because we always paid for our food and drinks right away. The breakfast is complimentary if you’re eating from the dishes they have out or just ordering eggs. There was a cost if you’re ordering anything more. No fees to use the chairs or umbrellas. We tipped the guys $5-$10 after they set up our chairs.

Looking to book a room for 2 Adults and a 5 yr old. Is there an extra bed or somewhere for child to sleep? I read Hyatt points only cover 2 adults. Do you know the fee to add on child?
There was only one bed and a couch in our room. Don’t think it was a pullout couch. Try and see if it’ll show you any rooms if you put 3 people when you book. I’m sure there are 2 bedrooms in some units.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 6:53 am

Any recent stays here? Looks like decent value on points, and main focus is a great beach.

A bit skeptical of some reports of increased crime on Provo though. Hows the resort security? Area?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.