Point Grace resort Turks and Caicos

Old Jan 17, 2020, 6:21 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 149
Point Grace resort Turks and Caicos

Has anyone stayed at Point grace either on points or cash rate an has a review? I was looking at it and it seems great but Im wondering how the staff it and if children are allowed
radtechtraveler is offline  
Old Mar 31, 2021, 6:55 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: RDU
Posts: 23
I'm curious too if anyone has info since the previous post? Considering this place on a points stay for anniversary trip next February. Alternative is Park Hyatt St. Kitts (or paying full freight somewhere).
andyonthego is offline  
Old Mar 31, 2021, 10:10 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Madison, WI
Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 973
If you're looking for that area of the Caribbean... I'm super excited for the Andaz Turks & Caicos. It's scheduled for end of 2022, but as with everything caribbean probably need to double that.
jameswes is offline  
Old Jun 30, 2021, 1:38 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 142
Wondering if there have been any updated stay reports on this property, headed there next month!
AJDem is offline  
Old Jul 7, 2021, 8:20 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 2021
Programs: hyatt
Posts: 20
Originally Posted by jameswes
If you're looking for that area of the Caribbean... I'm super excited for the Andaz Turks & Caicos. It's scheduled for end of 2022, but as with everything caribbean probably need to double that.
latest update is 2023, but as you said, expect that to keep slipping. I'm excited too.
mahg33ta is offline  
Old Feb 12, 2022, 8:16 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold and Current Platinum, Hilton Gold
Posts: 288
Originally Posted by AJDem
Wondering if there have been any updated stay reports on this property, headed there next month!
Did you end up going? Any recent stays from anyone?
Nash_Andrew is offline  
Old Mar 6, 2022, 10:04 pm
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Benicia, California, USA
Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Posts: 10,845
Bumping the thread because I'm curious about this property too.
Thunderroad is offline  
Old Mar 8, 2022, 11:42 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Posts: 925
I stayed here on points in November. The rooms are great with full kitchens. The grounds are small but the beach is gorgeous. Breakfast as an elite at an SLH property was mostly continental with a few hot options. There are restaurants and a supermarket within walking distance. Lovely hotel overall.
SanDiego1K and Football Fan like this.
EWRFlyerAL is offline  
Old Mar 9, 2022, 5:42 pm
  #9  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Benicia, California, USA
Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Posts: 10,845
Originally Posted by EWRFlyerAL
I stayed here on points in November. The rooms are great with full kitchens. The grounds are small but the beach is gorgeous. Breakfast as an elite at an SLH property was mostly continental with a few hot options. There are restaurants and a supermarket within walking distance. Lovely hotel overall.
Thanks for the review and info!
Thunderroad is offline  
Old Apr 12, 2022, 8:49 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by EWRFlyerAL
I stayed here on points in November. The rooms are great with full kitchens. The grounds are small but the beach is gorgeous. Breakfast as an elite at an SLH property was mostly continental with a few hot options. There are restaurants and a supermarket within walking distance. Lovely hotel overall.
Thanks for the info! Did you find the property to be dated at all? And do you know if bfast is complimentary for Hyatt Globalists?
agtprvctr is offline  
Old Apr 12, 2022, 11:22 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Posts: 925
Originally Posted by agtprvctr
Thanks for the info! Did you find the property to be dated at all? And do you know if bfast is complimentary for Hyatt Globalists?
I didn't find the property dated. Yes, continental breakfast is complimentary. Items like lattes and hot entrees are additional.
EWRFlyerAL is offline  
Old Sep 5, 2022, 6:32 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 292
Any recent stays?
atojbk is offline  
Old Nov 25, 2022, 11:59 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 292
Here if anyone has questions. Service has been awful
atojbk is offline  
Old Nov 26, 2022, 7:13 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Posts: 8
Originally Posted by atojbk
Here if anyone has questions. Service has been awful
How is it awful? I've got a stay here this Summer and saw quite a few reviews saying service wasn't great. Do they have servers coming around the pool/beach or do you have to go get your own drinks whenever you want them? How are the rooms?
waitwhat2002 is offline  
Old Dec 1, 2022, 12:00 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 292
Originally Posted by waitwhat2002
How is it awful? I've got a stay here this Summer and saw quite a few reviews saying service wasn't great. Do they have servers coming around the pool/beach or do you have to go get your own drinks whenever you want them? How are the rooms?
right when we arrived (from ritz), i asked them to put some milk in the fridge for our kids as our room was not ready. never done, was literally sitting there for hours til my wife saw it. we had two rooms, when the room was ready, our luggage's were not even in the room. they said they cant deliver the luggage's unless you're in the room first which of course they mixed up.

bartender at the pool bar was great, the kitchen however was not. lots of times i ordered lunch, took about an hour to 1.5 hour. bartender is aware and frustrated with the situation.

i asked for a cab estimate to Sapodilla beach, person at the front desk said they didnt know, probably $20. Wrong, ended up being $150 RT.
atojbk is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.