Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2022, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Disclaimer on Hyatt.com booking site as of December 2022

PLEASE NOTE: Award Bookings at SLH properties are for 2 adults and ADDITIONAL OCCUPANTS MAY BE CHARGED AN ADDITIONAL FEE by the property. Standard World of Hyatt benefits such as the following are not included with stays at Small Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH): Complimentary parking on free night awards, club lounge access, complimentary bottled water, waived Resort or Facility fees and more. World of Hyatt points are awarded on room rates only, services such as dining and spa are not eligible for earning points. Minimum length of stay requirements may apply at participating SLH properties at certain times. Hyatt’s Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to participating SLH properties. Please refer to Hyatt.com/SLH and WorldofHyatt.com/slhterms for a complete list of membership benefits, and contact the property directly to confirm any fees for additional occupants.
Print Wikipost

SLH Globalist benefits

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2023, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
If I book with SLH's website, can I just give the hotel my Hyatt number at check-in and receive Hyatt points / elite nights?

I want to book Eclat Hotel Taipei.
To enjoy the benefits of this alliance, World of Hyatt Members must:

Book their stay via an eligible rate through one of 3 Hyatt Booking Channels (Voice, App & Hyatt.com).
https://slh.com/hyatt

SLH website often shows lower rates than hyatt.com. This is a trade off, between points and lower rates, you need to make.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 3:00 pm

No. This is specifically spelled out in the terms. Not sure why people ask stuff that simple research on their own would answer without ambiguity. The reason you have to book through Hyatt is so you pay the grossly over inflated prices for SLH properties as opposed to often 20-50% cheaper rates easily found elsewhere. SLH is largely and usually worthless as a value proposition for Hyatt unless you use points, which are often unavailable anyway.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 5:08 pm

I was asking because MGM had similar T&C, but people have reported that they can simply give front desk Hyatt number even if they book through mLive.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was asking because MGM had similar T&C, but people have reported that they can simply give front desk Hyatt number even if they book through mLive.
Here are the Hyatt MGM T&C:
An “MGM-Eligible Night” is any night stayed at an MGM Rewards destination where (i) payment is made directly to MGM or the applicable MGM Rewards destination (including reservations booked through mgmrewards.com or mgmresorts.com), (ii) the reservation is booked through hyatt.com (subject to the exclusions below), or (iii) the reservation is booked through a Hyatt Global Care Center (subject to the exclusions below).
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...rms.html#/IIID
Old Sep 12, 2023, 6:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by antonius66
No. This is specifically spelled out in the terms. Not sure why people ask stuff that simple research on their own would answer without ambiguity. The reason you have to book through Hyatt is so you pay the grossly over inflated prices for SLH properties as opposed to often 20-50% cheaper rates easily found elsewhere. SLH is largely and usually worthless as a value proposition for Hyatt unless you use points, which are often unavailable anyway.
I'm with you on the first part, but not the second.

Whether Hyatt rates for SLH properties are competitive is highly property dependent. I've booked SLH properties in Paris and Switzerland at rates that were equal to or better than what the property was offer. It always pays to check both before booking.
antonius66 likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 6:32 am

Good to know that it is theoretically possible. In dozens of attempts I have never once seen Hyatt offer an SLH rate anywhere close to competitive for the property compared to what is on offer in other channels, but it is good to know.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 8:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by antonius66
Good to know that it is theoretically possible. In dozens of attempts I have never once seen Hyatt offer an SLH rate anywhere close to competitive for the property compared to what is on offer in other channels, but it is good to know.
Check, par exemple, le Narcisse Blanc in Paris or Chateau d'Ouchy in Lausanne.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 9:05 am
Community Director Emerita

If I book with SLH's website, can I just give the hotel my Hyatt number at check-in and receive Hyatt points / elite nights?

I want to book Eclat Hotel Taipei.
I've always understood that I have to book on the Hyatt website. There are times that the SLH website offers a better rate. I then have to make a decision as to whether I want the savings or the Hyatt points.
Old Nov 12, 2023, 7:08 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
I booked the Regency in Florence on Hyatt.com and the rate was only a few dollars more than on SLH. I was also to book the award nights at the Regency using Hyatt points.

Now, SUA are not usable at SLH properties - will this policy be changed in the future?
Old Nov 12, 2023, 8:51 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sapguy
Now, SUA are not usable at SLH properties - will this policy be changed in the future?
I wouldn't expect it to change. If anything, I'd expect the SLH arrangement to be diminished, if not eliminated, once the Mr&MrsSmith integration occurs.
Old Nov 13, 2023, 10:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sapguy
I booked the Regency in Florence on Hyatt.com and the rate was only a few dollars more than on SLH. I was also to book the award nights at the Regency using Hyatt points.

The reimbursement is minimal for SUA. Why would SLH properties accept them when they really should be encouraging guests to book direct through them.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 9:14 am
Community Director Emerita

I stayed at two SLH properties in the last 2 weeks, eating on both properties. I received no Hyatt points for restaurant expenses. My Hyatt Concierge says that SLH stays only give points for the room.

Neither stay has given me the extra points that I should get by using my Hyatt credit card. I am clearly entitled to that by the Ts and Cs of the credit card and will need to chase.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 11:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I stayed at two SLH properties in the last 2 weeks, eating on both properties. I received no Hyatt points for restaurant expenses. My Hyatt Concierge says that SLH stays only give points for the room.

Neither stay has given me the extra points that I should get by using my Hyatt credit card. I am clearly entitled to that by the Ts and Cs of the credit card and will need to chase.
I wonder the same. Where do the T&C say you get extra points for non Hyatt hotels such as SLH?
Old Dec 17, 2023, 11:05 am
skj

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
The T&Cs are clear that you only earn points for the room rate paid and not for other expenses,

"Members will also earn five (5) Base Points for each whole U.S. dollar or U.S. dollar equivalent paid for an Eligible Rate during their stay at a Participating SLH Property (“Eligible SLH Spend”). Members will not earn points on any spend that is not Eligible SLH Spend."
Old Dec 17, 2023, 11:13 am
skj

Originally Posted by SP03
I wonder the same. Where do the T&C say you get extra points for non Hyatt hotels such as SLH?
From the Chase WoH personal card "Offer Details" ...

"You’ll earn 4 World of Hyatt Bonus Points for each $1 USD spent on purchases made at Hyatt hotels and resorts (including at participating restaurants and participating locations that are owned, managed, franchised or licensed by Hyatt Corporation or its subsidiaries or affiliates), on FIND experiences purchased directly at hyatt.com/FIND, at participating SLH properties, and on Lindblad Expedition experiences purchased directly through the World of Hyatt Program. “Small Luxury Hotels” or “SLH” means Small Luxury Hotels of the World Limited, a third party that participates in the World of Hyatt Program. “Participating SLH properties” means any hotel, resort, or other location that is affiliated with SLH and participates in the World of Hyatt Program. For more information about participating SLH properties, please visit worldofhyatt.com/slh"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.