Old Dec 29, 2022, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Disclaimer on Hyatt.com booking site as of December 2022

PLEASE NOTE: Award Bookings at SLH properties are for 2 adults and ADDITIONAL OCCUPANTS MAY BE CHARGED AN ADDITIONAL FEE by the property. Standard World of Hyatt benefits such as the following are not included with stays at Small Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH): Complimentary parking on free night awards, club lounge access, complimentary bottled water, waived Resort or Facility fees and more. World of Hyatt points are awarded on room rates only, services such as dining and spa are not eligible for earning points. Minimum length of stay requirements may apply at participating SLH properties at certain times. Hyatt’s Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to participating SLH properties. Please refer to Hyatt.com/SLH and WorldofHyatt.com/slhterms for a complete list of membership benefits, and contact the property directly to confirm any fees for additional occupants.
Print Wikipost

SLH Globalist benefits

Old May 15, 2019, 1:12 pm
ym1
Original Poster

Programs: M&M, AVIS, HH, GP ...
SLH Globalist benefits

Hi all,

Does anyone know if all benefits of Globalist in hotel like, room upgrade, Breakfast or lounge access are available in SLH and all other new joining brands ?

Thanks
Ym1
Old May 15, 2019, 1:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I suspect no in the absence of a clear statement to the contrary since SPG (and now Starriott) didn't give elite benefits in general at Design Hotels, although individual hotels could give stuff like upgrades as an above and beyond courtesy when available.

I suspect that some SLH properties particulate in FHR or Virtuoso, so that might be the way to get some benefits and also Hyatt credit.
Old May 15, 2019, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Stated WOH / SLH Benefits (regardless of status) are supposed to include:

- Free Continental Breakfast
- Free WiFi
- Early Check-In / Late Check-Out (based on availability)
- One Room Category Upgrade (based on availability)

Most of these benefits are already standard SLH benefits if you book directly with them, so I also doubt any additional Globalist recognition (especially from hotels that just recently joined).
Old May 15, 2019, 3:04 pm
ym1
Original Poster

Programs: M&M, AVIS, HH, GP ...
Originally Posted by Dsm2m2
Stated WOH / SLH Benefits (regardless of status) are supposed to include:

- Free Continental Breakfast
- Free WiFi
- Early Check-In / Late Check-Out (based on availability)
- One Room Category Upgrade (based on availability)

Most of these benefits are already standard SLH benefits if you book directly with them, so I also doubt any additional Globalist recognition (especially from hotels that just recently joined).
Thanks for replay.
I have one paid booking and one with points all done via Hyatt site.
Old May 16, 2019, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I suspect no in the absence of a clear statement to the contrary since SPG (and now Starriott) didn't give elite benefits in general at Design Hotels, although individual hotels could give stuff like upgrades as an above and beyond courtesy when available.

I suspect that some SLH properties particulate in FHR or Virtuoso, so that might be the way to get some benefits and also Hyatt credit.
You need to book SLH hotels via Hyatt to get credit. Direct, third parties, etc. you get nothing...
Old May 28, 2019, 8:19 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
We recently stayed at one of the SLH properties in the UK - Tylney Hall. No welcome, no upgrade, no late check out and a fairly awful breakfast. There was wifi but that was free for all guests and it wasn't very fast.
Old May 28, 2019, 8:47 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by ym1
Hi all,

Does anyone know if all benefits of Globalist in hotel like, room upgrade, Breakfast or lounge access are available in SLH and all other new joining brands ?

Thanks
Ym1
To my knowledge, Globalists do not have more benefits than other tiers. You may find more information in the main thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...rtnership.html

as far as I can tell from reading the posts (and based on my own experience in The Plymouth, Hyatt needs to drastically change the benefits and pricetags in the T&C's with SLH for this partnership to be a success, or else it will die, like the 1-2 year or so experiment with Oasis Homes.
Old May 28, 2019, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala
To my knowledge, Globalists do not have more benefits than other tiers. You may find more information in the main thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...rtnership.html

as far as I can tell from reading the posts (and based on my own experience in The Plymouth, Hyatt needs to drastically change the benefits and pricetags in the T&C's with SLH for this partnership to be a success, or else it will die, like the 1-2 year or so experiment with Oasis Homes.
Disagree. I think Hyatt clearly has more limited expectations and the goal, is NOT to impress Globalists....

This is a partnership for people with points to burn who are less concerned about how much value they get per point. If your in that boat, then you now have a lot of new (and fairly terrific) options in new places. However, if you want 2 cents of value per point and you are all about elite benefits, then, clearly, this partnership was never meant for you, anyway.

I know, I know... as a Hyatt loyalist/glob it's probably hard to imagine they'd every launch anything that wasn't specifically geared towards YOU or US.... but that was the case with this.
Old May 28, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Clearly, YMMV, but I've now stayed in two SLH hotels, one in Italy and one in Greece and can tell you that at both I was recognized and thanked for being a Hyatt Globalist, got upgraded rooms both times, free breakfast (anything off the menu, not continental), free wifi and a late checkout in Italy (didn't need/request that in Greece).

Also, another YMMV, but stayed at a Joie de Vivre hotel (Kabuki) in San Francisco and got the same treatment - thanked for being a Globalist, upgrade, etc.

It feels like Hyatt is committed to try and integrate the new hotels the own and foster the partnership with SLH. We'll see how it pans out over time, but my experience has been so far, so good.
caliform likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

JDV is a Hyatt, not a partnership, so no surprise there.

I'm surprised that you got that treatment at SLH properties though. That is good to hear; I may end up at one in Helsinki for a week and a half. An upgrade would definitely be appreciated for a stay of that length.

Last edited by VegasGambler; May 28, 2019 at 2:29 pm
Old May 28, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
JDV is a Hyatt, not a partnership, so no surprise there.

I'm surprised that you got that treatment at SLH properties though. That is good to hear; I may end up at one in Helsinki for a week and a half. An upgrade would definitely be appreciated for a stay off that length.
I was pleasantly surprised as well, but really pleased. I would also note that at both SLH properties, they went out of their way to say how happy they'd been with the link to Hyatt. Both properties had already had several WOH members and they both seem to feel it is a win/win. I would agree. And the breakfasts at Villa Mangiacane in Tuscany were out of this world...
VegasGambler likes this.

Last edited by Happy Traveling Consultant; May 28, 2019 at 2:33 pm Reason: correct typo
Old May 28, 2019, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by lighthouse206
This is a partnership for people with points to burn who are less concerned about how much value they get per point. If your in that boat, then you now have a lot of new (and fairly terrific) options in new places. However, if you want 2 cents of value per point and you are all about elite benefits, then, clearly, this partnership was never meant for you, anyway.
There are plenty of SLH properties that offer redemption valuation well over 2 cents/pt.
Old May 28, 2019, 5:48 pm

I'm getting over 2cpp and credit for Santorini, which I wouldn't have gotten credit in before and would have had to use cash on some other hotel. Overall I'm happy there. I agree the partnership has major flaws such as the augmented cash price to get Hyatt credit being the biggest flaw, but it definitely has value.
Old May 28, 2019, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just made a reservation for the Hotel Haven in Helsinki. The price was the same as the flexible rate on the hotel website (with the same terms -- cancel by 6pm the day before checkin, or pay a 1-night penalty fee. This is actually more generous than any Hyatt property I know of, even with the globalist 24-hr benefit). There were also two cheaper, nonrefundable rates, but those were not available through Hyatt. I very rarely book nonrefundable hotel rates anyway so this is not that big of a deal. It should be noted that the flexible + breakfast rate on the hotel website was €30 more than I paid, so I am getting a slightly better deal.

If I also get similar benefits to what I'd get at a Hyatt as a globalist, that is not bad at all.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I think the best way to approach SLH right now is a bit like the MGM partnership - i.e., no specific on-property benefits for Globalists - but with hope that on-the-ground data points will surprise in a positive way over time.
MSPeconomist and VegasGambler like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.