Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RTW on Skyteam?

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2018, 6:50 am
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
The SkyTeam RTW rules say there is a maximum of 15 stopovers (https://www.skyteam.com/en/round-the...ference-guide/). So is that the same as saying a maximum of 16 flights even if they are to a: 1) destination city airport, 2) fuel stop airport or 3) flight transfer airport. When I sent SkyTeam RTW customer support a route with 16 flights they modified it to remove the last flight which was well within the milage limit so either the limit is actually 15 flights or there was another reason which I do not know of. My understanding was that the 16th flight is back to the start/end country so not a stopover.

I am not sure the SkyTeam RTW Planner was working correctly because when I entered the modified SkyTeam route and selected the flights it said 19 segments but there was only 15 flights! I assume the term 'segment' is a flight not multiple flights which may include a fuel stop or flight transfer. Needless to say I did not book the RTW ticket.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 8:47 am

Does Skyteam still offer RTW in F class ? Can't seem to find any fares.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Silver; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
There are Q charges in J fares if you want segments in F. TATL is USD 1200 if i remember correctly.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Is RTW Award with Aero Mexico possible?
Old Feb 12, 2023, 5:46 am
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
Any word if/when the SkyTeam Round The World will return (maybe once VS is a member)? Star Alliance and oneWorld both have their RTW available.

Old Aug 25, 2023, 3:36 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Looking at Expertflyer for a range of departure points and skyteam airlines there are no RTW fares published still.

As oneworld and *A have RTW fares I hope that skyteam will decide to publish such fares at some point in the future again. I could not find any official publication about this.

I fondly remember a great KL/NW/MH RTW from CAI some 20 years ago. Those were the times... ;-)
wuzziduzziman likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 8:47 am

Anyone have any information if/when RTW fares will once again be available? Thanks for any info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.