Community
Wiki Posts
Search

China Southern in SkyTeam

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2004, 12:11 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: CO Gold, DL Gold, AA, AS, VX, Hilton Diamond, Marriot, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
More About Air Tahiti Nui

Originally Posted by aw
It would be nice to have Air Tahiti Nui join ST. I believe they have a close association with AF already. Since most ST members offer only 2 cabin service (J or Y), I'd like to see a carrier that offers F/J/Y join the team.
Actually, I believe that Air Tahiti Nui has frequent flyer associations with NW and AA.

AF has an association with Aircalin for all flights except those between Wallis and Futuna.

Aircalin, in turn, also has relationships with a number of South Pacific Airlines including Qantas.

It all gets very convoluted.
Old Sep 2, 2004, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K; VA Gold; QF Gold; HHonors Gold; Marriott Gold; National ExecElite
Originally Posted by jmscsc
When are we going to get a good carrier from the South Pacific or South America?

I, for one, am hoping for Air Pacific (but only if SQ or CX can't be poached from *Alliance and Oneworld) and TAM (much better than Varig or LAN).
Old Sep 2, 2004, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K; VA Gold; QF Gold; HHonors Gold; Marriott Gold; National ExecElite
Originally Posted by jpgalvan
maybe ST members can generate enough demand for copa to expand better into south america?

Copa is horrible right now. The only way to fly them to South America is to spend 12 or more hours in Panama City. There are so many airlines flying directly to Central and South American cities from the US - flying via Panama makes little to no sense for most people. Copa doesn't seem, therefore, to add much value to ST. TAM or maybe Aerolineas Argentinas would make more sense. Having said that, though, isn't Copa part-owned by CO? So maybe they come along for the ride anyway...
Old Sep 2, 2004, 9:56 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Skyteam will Rock if they can coordinate themselves better

This is great news for SkyTeam. Finally, we have a true global alliance. Lets hope Skyteam can get their act together and extend the proper courtesies to members without us having to fight for it.

My recommendation is to begin staff training immediately. Inform the front line staff about what an alliance means. I certainly do not want to argue with Aeroflot over my seat assignment or my perk of lining up in the business class line when traveling economy etc.

This seems like a great opportunity to become leaders in service in the "global alliance scramble".
Old Sep 6, 2004, 3:51 am
In Memoriam

I am hoping that DL Stays afloat long enough for all of us to enjoy what we have sufferred through while awaiting a viable alliance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.