RTW award

Old Feb 10, 04, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
RTW award

Does anyone have a proper set of rules fot the SkyTeam RTW award?

I have seen, for example, the stuff on Delta.com but it seems a bit skimpy, and oddly restrictive.

Like: no backtracking allowed, so you cannot visit Australia since only KE appears to fly there, and only from ICN...

Surely that cannot be right?
Old Feb 11, 04, 5:31 pm

There was a thread on the KL forum about their RTW award, which included Wings carriers as well as MH, CO, AS, EI, and one other I can't remember. While this isn't the ST award, you can likely get ST miles credited in the near future. It was priced aggressively and pretty flexible as I recall (~2200EUR in J ex-CAI for 25K mi and 10 stopovers).

------------------
-alan in sitges, home of the new, improved, and now legendary Si-Re-Do
Old Feb 14, 04, 10:31 pm

I booked an RTW award for later this year using Randy's awardplanner service (they were/are great, by the way!). It was an excellent investment.

You can get 6 stops in coach for 140k, 6 stops in business for 220k. No backtracking is allowed, but I did get Australia in.

I start & finish in Lexington, KY (don't ask), and go Sydney-Tokyo/Osaka-Cairo-Johannesburg-Tallin/Warsaw-Sao Paulo. It is 21 flights in all. I go through both Seoul & Paris three times each.

FWIW, I'm trying to do the whole thing (6+ weeks) without paying for a night of lodging. Awardplannner has gotten my Starwood & Hilton rooms booked, I'm bumming off of friends, and I'm working on points with Best Western for the two nights in Riga--no Hilton or Starwood in town.

If you're interested, I've set up a website that I'll update when I begin my travel in August. It is www.geocities.com/j379pa .

JP