"Caring more about you"

"Caring more about you"

Old Jun 22, 2000, 10:56 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

"Caring more about you"

It works for me!

A new global advertising campaign for "Skyteam" will launch on 6/23 developed around the slogan, "Caring More About You."

So far we know:

Reciprocal and Enhanced Frequent Flyer Benefits

Sky Team only has two elite levels:

FF's will earn miles in their current accounts when flying any of the partner airlines; miles can be exchanged for a reward ticket on any SkyTeam airline. In addition, top-tier flyers on each of the alliance airlines will automatically attain SkyTeam Elite and Elite Plus status with enhanced benefits. Elite and Elite Plus status are supplemental to all member airlines' current frequent flier program offerings. SkyTeam Elite members (Aeromexico Club Premier Oro and Club Premier Oro Corporativo, Air France Frequence Plus Bleu, Delta SkyMiles Silver and Gold Medallion, and Korean Air Morning Calm) will receive priority waitlist, priority check-in and boarding, preferred seating, access to more than 265 airport lounges across the network when flying international first and business class, and priority on airport standby listings. SkyTeam Elite Plus members (Aeromexico Club Premier Platino, Air France's Frequence Plus Rouge, Delta SkyMiles Platinum Medallion, and Korean Air Morning Calm Premium and Million Miler) qualify for all of the aforementioned benefits as well as guaranteed economy-class reservations, priority baggage handling, and lounge access regardless of travel class.

A comparison of mileage accrual necessary to reach elite levels and SkyClub equivalents may make AF just a bit more attractive!

SkyTeam will offer its first round of customer service initiatives beginning immediately, including reciprocal lounge access, base mile accrual and redemption, and an expanded network of flights. Additional SkyTeam customer benefits will be phased in through the end of 2000.

www.skyteam.com
http://www.delta-air.com/prog_serv/g...ance/index.jsp

Industry observers consider the Delta-Air France alliance, which had been expected for months, to be the third-largest, after Star and Oneworld. Delta is the No. 3 U.S. airline, based on the number of paying passengers carried and the routes traveled, while Air France is the No. 3 European carrier.
http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/busin...france-de.html

[This message has been edited by doc (edited 06-22-2000).]
Old Jun 30, 2000, 5:55 am
doc
Original Poster

From Joe B:

After months of sifting through more than 800 potential names, the Delta-Air France alliance has settled on "SkyTeam" as its marketing brand. The alliance, which also includes AeroMexico and Korean Air, announced the name last week and promptly launched a SkyTeam Web site http://www.skyteam.com. The site perfectly illustrates all the hot air surrounding every airline alliance. Consider, for example, the SkyTeam "Benefits" page. It promotes "10 SkyTeam benefits," one of which is "in-flight service built around your needs." Four of the other ten are equally specious. The five substantive benefits are so conditional and skewed by asterisks and fine print as to be almost worthless. One example: benefit No. 8 claims you can "ease your SkyTeam connecting flights with single check-in," but the condition in the fine print promptly limits the benefit to "a maximum of two SkyTeam airlines in an itinerary."
Old Jun 30, 2000, 8:15 am
JRF

Programs: DL Flying Colonel
So far I see no difference. It is still like flying on DL and maybe the lounge access will be easier, but I bet AF/DUB does not let DL/PM - ST/E+ in.
Old Jun 30, 2000, 10:16 am
Original Member

"Caring More About ME". I feel all warm inside... where's the nearest airport?
Old Jun 30, 2000, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA GGL, FPC Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
One big drawback:

On * you get lounge access with * Gold which is given at the second level of participating programs that have 3 elite levels (i.e. AC Élite, UA PremEx, etc.). Similarly, OW gives lounge access for OW Sapphire (for AA Plat, BA Silver, etc.).

However SkyTeam only gives its elites lounge access with F and J (which they would have anyway!), limiting Y access to Elite Plus, for which you need DL Platinum.

(However guaranteed reservations alliance-wide is a step ahead of both OW and *).
Old Jan 12, 2001, 7:13 pm
doc
Original Poster

Sometimes!
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum21/HTML/002048.html

Are they an ostrich?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum21/HTML/002081.html

[This message has been edited by doc (edited 01-15-2001).]
Old Jun 19, 2001, 1:40 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by AC*SE:
One big drawback:

On * you get lounge access with * Gold which is given at the second level of participating programs that have 3 elite levels (i.e. AC Élite, UA PremEx, etc.). Similarly, OW gives lounge access for OW Sapphire (for AA Plat, BA Silver, etc.).

However SkyTeam only gives its elites lounge access with F and J (which they would have anyway!), limiting Y access to Elite Plus, for which you need DL Platinum.

(However guaranteed reservations alliance-wide is a step ahead of both OW and *).
</font>

Tha could be good. At least now the lounges will not be sooo crowded and full. The only reason I hate a lounge is becuase it is full and becuase of that there is no food. The FA Business lounge in JFK was bad this past week. OW and Star have to expand their lounges and make larger ones at an extra cost just accomadate elite flyer at other airlines, while as SkyTeam doe snot have to do that so much per se becuase they will only have the extra people that are in Y and are top tier on other airlines.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.