Which SkyTeam member to build points on to get elite status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2024, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GLD for LIfe, AA PLT 2 MM miler, B6 Mosaic, Star GLD; HH Diamond; Marriott PLT, IHG Plat

I have flown oodles of miles on OneWorld first as AA Plat for Life but realized that I could do better on BA and am now BA Gold for Life. I've had some years with lots of Star Alliance and concluded that it was best to accumulate miles first with Aegean and later with Turkish Airlines. My aim was to get higher status and lounge access in the US (the latter is less important as I have an Amex Plat card).

I have flown a lot less on Sky Team, but it looks like this year I will have a few flights on Delta and a number on LATAM. Is there an airline Sky Team on which it is easier to acquire status?

Incidentally, I am much less interested in points. I have oodles and seem to generate them faster than I use them.
Old May 12, 2024, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
LATAM is not part of Skyteam, but is a strong partner of DL. So you should go with DL Skymiles as this is the only ST program that will allow you to earn points on LA-operated flights.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 13, 2024, 8:49 pm

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
Not just DL, you can also earn points and status with Virgin Atlantic:

https://flywith.virginatlantic.com/g...-airlines.html

However if your goal is some lifetime status I think reaching MM on Delta might be more achievable.
Old May 14, 2024, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GLD for LIfe, AA PLT 2 MM miler, B6 Mosaic, Star GLD; HH Diamond; Marriott PLT, IHG Plat
Thanks. I don't know that I will have enough years of heavy flying to get lifetime status at this point. But, annual status that cause me to get on planes earlier and gets good treatment (rare these days) would be desirable. Sound like I should stick with DL. I do fly several times a year to London but have a preference for BA because of the day flight and the First Lounge. In the pre-pandemic era, these flights would be monthly or more in some years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.