Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Crediting Delta on mostly KLM metal

Old Dec 26, 2019, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

I had one way flight on Dec 22 BOS-AMS-FCO (all KLM metal, Delta Marketed) three J seats. My spouse and I have FlyingBlue account but attached DL FF numbers for all three tickets when purchasing the tickets. My son (no FB account) 's ticket was credited immediately to his DL account.

Purchase was made via Amex travel with DL FF numbers for all passengers and both DL/KLM site shows delta ticket numbers starting 006 for all three passengers.

My spouse and I didn't get it credited to Delta instead creadited to KLM FB. I called Delta twice and they told me that our credits are showing pending and they are 100% positive we will get MQM, MQD, RDM to DL and it could take about a week after the round trip is completed.

DL CSR couldn't explain why my son's account was credited correctly.

I have return flight on 30th FCO-AMS(KLM Metal)-BOS(DL Metal).

What's my best course of action to make sure both outbound and return tickets are credited to DL? Credited to DL is very important for my spouse and I to obtain DL status for 2020.

Last edited by ilspy; Dec 26, 2019 at 3:24 pm
Old Dec 26, 2019, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Look in FB forum. This question comes about every week now.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 11:39 am
Moderator: Hyatt, American Express; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Marriott Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
The question has been popping up on the DL forum as well. When this happened to me in May, DL told me that this happens occasionally, no problem, just have FB reverse the credit and then we can credit it your SkyMiles account. FB told me "we stopped reversing credit a while ago and we don't know why DL told you to ask us to do it because we don't." Brick wall.

Escalating on the DL side eventually resulted in them crediting it to my DL account anyway, but it took a bit of persistence.

Moral: if you want to credit to DL, do NOT pull up your reservation on AF or KL web sites or apps while logged in -- this appears to pollute your PNR with your FB number instead of your DL number.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the valuable information. I contacted FB and was told that I added FB numbers which isn't true as far as I know. Reading FB forum with similar issues, I think choosing seats while logged in FB might have caused the FB # to be attached to the reservation?

KLM FB removed the FB numbers from the reservation so my return flight gets credited to Delta. KLM told me that I need to call/email to reverse the mile.

DL told me that I don't have to do anything on my end. It will just take about a week to see the miles in my sky miles.

Do I need to contact KLM to reverse the miles or trust Delta and do nothing?
Old Dec 27, 2019, 2:53 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Marriott Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by ilspy
Thanks for the valuable information. I contacted FB and was told that I added FB numbers which isn't true as far as I know. Reading FB forum with similar issues, I think choosing seats while logged in FB might have caused the FB # to be attached to the reservation?
The DL supervisor I ended up working with (who was fantastic, "owned" the issue until resolution, and I gave them a well-deserved JWD) said when they looked at the history of the record that this is exactly what happened in my case -- seat selection while logged in is what caused the problem.

KLM FB removed the FB numbers from the reservation so my return flight gets credited to Delta.
^

KLM told me that I need to call/email to reverse the mile.

DL told me that I don't have to do anything on my end. It will just take about a week to see the miles in my sky miles.

Do I need to contact KLM to reverse the miles or trust Delta and do nothing?
It would surprise me if DL credited it without seeing a reversal from FB, but it's possible enough people have complained about this that they've started just doing it as a CS gesture. I'm still skeptical though.

If you're willing to be a data point it'd be interesting to do nothing and see what happens. You can still contact them later to poke at the issue but if you'd rather be proactive I wouldn't blame you.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zorak
The DL supervisor I ended up working with (who was fantastic, "owned" the issue until resolution, and I gave them a well-deserved JWD) said when they looked at the history of the record that this is exactly what happened in my case -- seat selection while logged in is what caused the problem.

How to talk DL supervisor?
^

It would surprise me if DL credited it without seeing a reversal from FB, but it's possible enough people have complained about this that they've started just doing it as a CS gesture. I'm still skeptical though.

If you're willing to be a data point it'd be interesting to do nothing and see what happens. You can still contact them later to poke at the issue but if you'd rather be proactive I wouldn't blame you.
I called Delta a few times since they have been saying that miles should be posted without me doing anything. MQM/MQD didn't show since I contacted them on Dec 24th, 27th, 31st. My return flight KLM FCO-AMS on Dec 30th credited today Dec 31st so I figured something up.

KLM support line told me that they don't have access to Flying Blue so they can't see that miles were posted to FB. I was told to email flying blue via flyingblue site so I just did that. I have a feeling that it will be long process. I will update as it progresses.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Good news I got everything posted to DL as of 1/2.

BOS-AMS segment posted on 1/1
AMS-FCO segment status change to F (credited to FB) on 1/2
Called Delta Medallion line again on 1/2 Delta resubmitted the Mileage request and they showed up with 30 minutes after the call.

KLM and Flying Blue basically had no intention to correct the issue but Delta came to rescue. I probably talked to 5/6 different Delta CSRs that they have been assuring that they saw tickets were tied to SkyMiles numbers, not FB numbers so I would get the miles to DL. At the end, it did happen as Delta promised.

Hope my data point helps someone dealing with the same issue.

Happy New Year.
Zorak likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 8:17 am

^ That's great news! Meanwhile out of curiosity are the XP still in your FB account? It kinda sounds like DL is aware this occurs and aware that FB isn't interested in helping, so they're (eventually) doing the customer-friendly thing even without a reversal on the FB side.

Also in common with my experience is that, once DL decided they were going to help, the MQMs/RDMs posted very quickly.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zorak
^ That's great news! Meanwhile out of curiosity are the XP still in your FB account? It kinda sounds like DL is aware this occurs and aware that FB isn't interested in helping, so they're (eventually) doing the customer-friendly thing even without a reversal on the FB side.

Also in common with my experience is that, once DL decided they were going to help, the MQMs/RDMs posted very quickly.

I just logged in KLM site and FB has NOT taken away miles/XP yet and I am not quite familiar with FB elite status structure.

Lesson learned - I need to make sure I don't use KLM/FB account before the flight and make sure to call KLM to remove any FB numbers attached by it's glitch.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.